Dallas Development Authority Readies Its First Deal
- Maine Governor Signs Off On $295M Bond Package. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;4/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32605, p2
The article reports that Maine Governor John E. Baldacci has signed off on April 10, 2007 the $295 million bond package that lawmakers agreed upon. According to the Democratic governor, as they transition their economy for the future, they need to provide more opportunities in the state. The...
- CALIFORNIA: On Second Thought... Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/29/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 92951, p9
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed the Proposition 1A, a bill modifying the $9.95 billion bond measure for high-speed rail that will be on the November 2008 statewide ballot. The bill includes additional fiscal controls such as the requirement for a...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31622, p31
Presents news items related to trends in the bond market in various parts of the United States. U.S. Administration's approval of a bill that would send up to $ 55 million in oil royalties to the general fund; Voluntary reduction of the salaries of various state officials, legislators, and...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31510, p35
Presents that status of various laws and legislations related to bonds in the U.S. Existing laws as of November 2002; Proposed Law; Ongoing discussions on these laws in legislative houses of the country.
- New Mexico awash in flurry of bond activity. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30337, p28
Reports on the passage of several bond-related bills by the New Mexico Legislature in February 1998 which could impact the state's bond market significantly. Approval of a $1.2 billion highway bonding project backed by future federal highway funds; Effect of the bills on a $140 million new...
- TBMA Pushes for Private-Activity Bond Volume Cap Legislation. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/10/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30951, p5
Reports on the Bond Market Association's promotion of legislation that would boost the private-activity bond volume cap by 50 percent in 2001 in the United States. Action of the U.S. Congress on tax-credit bonds; Other bond-related proposals.
- TBMA pushes school construction measure. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30601, p6
Reports that the Bond Market Association is asking Senators to back a school-construction private activity bond bill in the United States. Creation of a separate category of private-activity bonds for school construction.
- TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;3/14/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33481, p7
The article presents the top 10 stories at www.bondbuyer.com including the decline of the U.S. municipal bond market, imposition of fine to Southwest Securities Inc., and the introduction of a bill that will reinstate Build America Bonds.
- Observers Fret over "144a for Life". Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/25/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p14
The article reports on the concerns raised by observers in the high yield bond market over the issuance of 144a for life. Their primary concern is over reporting of deals or the lack of such deals in the wake of a change to Rule 144 of the U.S. Securities Act of 1933 which took effect on...