N.Y.'s Nassau County Approves $410M Tobacco Settlement Deal
- Prince George's County, Md., Readies $110M of GOs With New S&0026;P AAA. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;6/4/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32892, p28
The article reports on the $110 million of general obligation (GO) public improvement bonds which will be sold by Prince George's County in the Maryland bond market. The sale comes after the county has received its first triple-A rating from Standard & Poor's Corp. The county's Series 2008 bonds...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, April 27. // Bond Buyer;4/28/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32121, p2
The article presents market snapshots for Wednesday, April 27, 2005. Durable goods are the indicator. Data include government securities prices and municipal bond index.
- Treasury to Sell $14B 30s, $22B 10Yrs, $35B 3 Yrs. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/30/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33107, p6
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Treasury Department to sell its $14 billion of 30-years bonds, $22 billion of ten-years notes and $35 billion of three-year notes to complete its refunding in the second quarter of 2009. The Treasury confirms that there will be a second regular...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;6/10/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32151, p36
Presents charts and graphs depicting the bond market statistics in the U.S. as of June 9, 2005. Short-term tax-exempt yields; Prices of U.S. securities; Municipal market-data general obligation yields.
- Extended Rally Sends Most Bond Buyer Indexes Lower. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p36
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds during the second week of February 2005 bond trading in the U.S. Prices of municipal bonds compared with the Treasuries; Inflows of municipal bonds to the market; Percentage increase in one-year notes.
- Market Post: Muni Primary Heats Up as Bond Prices Slip. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
Municipal bond traders are focusing on the week's hefty new issue calendar, which is kicking off with the sales of several big-ticket items. Municipal bond yields are moving slightly higher Tuesday, continuing the market sell-off that began last week.
- Cleveland Readies $170 Million Water Revenue Bond Refunding. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33060, p5
The article reports on the entry of Cleveland, Ohio to the bond market with roughly $170 million of water revenue bonds in a refunding transaction that will allow the city's water district to shed its final piece of insured variable-rate debt. In addition to the fixed-rate tranche, the sale...
- Omaha Utility Keeps Deal on Hold; City Splits the Difference. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32984, p6
The article reports that the city of Omaha put a refunding on hold but issued $18 million of mostly new-money bonds, while the Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) continues to delay its $105 million issue until early 2009 in Nebraska. The decision of the OPPD comes after it opened a retail order...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, October 19. // Bond Buyer;10/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32242, p2
Presents charts depicting the indicators of the October 19, 2005 bond trading in the U.S. Prices of government securities; Increase in municipal bond index; Decline in 30-day visible supply.