Quarles Urges More TIPS Use in Pension Funds
- Equity market gains fuel increase of 11.6%. Bruno, Mark // Pensions & Investments;1/23/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p34
The article reports that the 200 largest U.S. pension plans saw their total assets invested in international investments increase at a considerable clip. Combined, the top 200 plan sponsors had total defined benefit assets of $419.1 billion in active international investments as of September 30....
- Needless setback. // Pensions & Investments;4/19/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p10
The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) seems to have lost the sense of urgency for reforming its board. The addition of new board members was an urgent matter; pension funds and others submitted 110 names for directors after the NYSE called for nominations. The California Public Employees'...
- DOL panel to suggest wider use of surpluses. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;11/1/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p51
Presents the ERISA Advisory Council's suggestions calling for wider use of pension surpluses in the United States. Need for companies to maintain bigger safety nets for pension plan participants; Concerns over the decline of pension funding ratios; Tax treatment of employer-provided long-term...
- Things To Be Thankful For… No, Really. C. J. C. // High Yield Report;12/1/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p2
The article presents the author's ideas regarding the things which the U.S. financial market should be thankful for. The author mentions the mega-bailout agreement between the U.S. government and Citigroup Inc. She also stresses the arrival of pension and sovereign wealth fund investors into the...
- Corporate Pensions Improve in December. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Advisor News;2014, p110
The article reports on the improvement of the U.S. corporate pension plans by 95.2% in December 2013. Research indicates the benefits gained by public defined benefit endowments, foundations and plans from equity rally. The encouragement for plan sponsors to lessen their market volatility...
- MOST INVESTMENTS IN STATE SECURITIES. // Macedonian Business Monthly;Jun2012, Issue 119, p2
The article informs that the annual report of the Agency for Supervision of fully funded pension measures (MAPAS) has found that around 60 percent of the gathered funds from the mandatory pension funds are invested in state securities.
- Search Overview. // Investment Management Weekly;6/20/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p10
Lists several retirement plans in the U.S. that are looking for potential investments. Contra Costa County Employees' Retirement System; Fairfax County Uniformed Retirement System; Fairfax County Employees' Retirement System.
- Panel gets tough on soft dollars. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;11/24/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p1
Reports on recommendation of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Advisory Council to pension executives to hire consulting firms with financial arrangements with brokerage firms in the United States. Aim of recommendation from ERISA; Reason of pension firms not to heed...
- Resentment over states, localities. Hil, David // Hill;3/10/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p14
The article discusses the lack of state and local governments in the U.S. to extend efforts to make more productive.