Factory Orders Off 4.5%; Inventories Rise 0.2%
- U.S. economic health closely tied to manufacturing industry. Casani, Drew // Business Press;06/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p6a
Focuses on economic indicators showing the correlation between economic health and manufacturing industry in the United States. Share of manufacturing industry's in the gross domestic product; Number of jobs provided by the industry.
- Factory Orders Slip; Inventories Rise. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p2
Reports on the volume of factory orders for manufactured goods in the U.S. for September 2004. Comparison with previous periods.
- Business sentiment in Slovenia reaches 6-year high. // Regional Today;10/30/2014, p2
The article reports a rise in business sentiment indicator in Slovenia as a result of improvements in services sector, also mentioned are manufacturing and retail business indicators.
- UK goes top of the class. // Management Today;Jan1994, p29
Presents a performance index of Great Britain's manufacturing industry compiled by KPMG's Center for Manufacturing Consultancy. Comparison of Great Britain's performance to its three main European competitors in manufacturing; Effect of Germany's continued recession.
- Aug. Factory Orders Increase 2.5%. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32232, p2
Reports on the increase in new factory orders for manufactured goods in the U.S. Factors contributing to the increase; Implication of the increase to the country's economy; Percentage of increase in new orders for manufactured nondurable goods.
- Firms need confidence boost. // Professional Engineering;1/28/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p5
Presents the views of Paul Maynard, president of the Manufacturing Technologies Association. Need for confidence-building measures for the manufacturing industry from the government to take advantage of forecast growth this year; Failure of the government to understand the connection between...
- BBVA Watch. // Caribbean Business;5/14/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p11
The article offers news briefs related to economic developments in Puerto Rico in 2009. Net revenue of the General Fund rose in March at an interannual rate of 3.0% or $16.5 million compared to the 30.2% from February. The ISM manufacturing index showed an increase in manufacturing activity,...
- U.S. ISM Manufacturing Index Grows. // Official Board Markets;9/5/2009, Vol. 85 Issue 36, p1
The article reports on the growth of the manufacturing index of the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) in August 2009 in the U.S. It states that the index rose to 52.9 from 48.9 in July 2009, the first reading above 50 which indicates expansion within the manufacturing sector. The index also...
- Dancing with the bear: Global competition. Clifton, David S.; Combes, Richard S. // Economic Development Review;Spring91, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p61
Presents information on economics in the United States. Details from David Osborne's `Laboratories of Democracy'; Key to nation's success; Debated points from prediction that U.S. manufacturing is at a disadvantage; Importance of understanding competition; Elements for change from viewpoint of...