Houston Hits Market After Negative Outlook
- The Determinants of Economic Growth in Africa: A Dynamic Causality and Panel Cointegration Analysis. Hossain, Md. Sharif; Mitra, Rajarshi // Economic Analysis & Policy;Sep2013, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p217
This paper examines the dynamic causal relationships between trade openness, foreign aid, domestic investment, long-term external debt, government spending and economic growth for a panel of 33 highly aid-dependent African countries for the period 1974- 2009. Short-run bidirectional causality is...
- Couple of cats among the pigeons. Russell, William // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/7/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6301, p1275
Focuses on the issue of unlaid plans and meetings on government expenditures in Great Britain. Criticisms on the public investment approach; Options for an increase in internal revenue; Scrutiny on public officials.
- Local public infrastructure showing signs of wear and tear. Gornig, Martin; Michelsen, Claus; van Deuverden, Kristina // DIW Economic Bulletin;2015, Vol. 5 Issue 42/43, p561
Investment in public infrastructure is essential to ensure competitiveness and create growth potential. Although Germany certainly has a well-developed infrastructure compared to other countries, local public infrastructure has been in decline for many years now. This means that current levels...
- Large and lasting regional disparities in municipal investments. Arnold, Felix; Freier, Ronny; Geissler, René; Schrauth, Philipp // DIW Economic Bulletin;2015, Vol. 5 Issue 42/43, p568
The regional dispersion of local public investment in Germany is very uneven. Even a comparison between the states shows considerable differences in gross investment. Municipalities in Bavaria currently invest more than three times as much per capita as those in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania....
- Call for probe into 'frivolous' National Savings relaunch. Parliamentary correspondent // Campaign;3/15/2002, Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the call for public spending watchdogs to investigate the National Savings and Investments relaunch in Great Britain. Protests of the Tory Opposition against the relaunch; Assessment on the advertising campaign for the relaunch.
- Government must save more. Slabber, Engela // Finance Week;03/17/2000, p20
Argues that South Africa needs to improve its savings ratio as a precondition for sustained economic growth and enhanced living standards. Importance of saving against the backdrop of low fixed domestic investment; Close correlation between economic growth and saving; Deterioration of savings...
- Municipal capital planning -- and how to pay for it. Jutton, Don // New Hampshire Business Review;03/09/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p14
Gives advice on effective municipal capital planning. Similarities between business and public sector's strategies for capital planning; Need for municipal officials to consult with area institutions; Importance of considering operational costs.
- Qatar. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/11/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p27
Discloses that Qatari government spending and revenues are expected to rise significantly in fiscal 1997 and 1998, according to the budget released by the Finance, Economy and Trade Industry Ministry on March 30, 1997. Increase planned for the current and capital spending; Priority focused on...
- Spending the Surplus. McCarthy, Larry // Orange County Business Journal;05/31/99, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p75
Focuses on the investment of surplus revenue in California. Record of state policymakers in handling surplus revenues; Risk placed on the budget by over-commitment to ongoing spending; Rise in California's general fund spending; Investment options for surplus revenues.