Santa Clara County, Calif., Agency Sets Its First Competitive Deal
- Moody's Lowers Ithaca, N.Y., Ahead of Sale. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/5/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32043, p6
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service yesterday downgraded Ithaca, New York, to Al from Aa3 ahead of the city's sale of $21.2 million of bond anticipation notes. The downgrade affected $32 million of long-term outstanding debt. Moody's also assigned a negative outlook to the...
- Issuers Sold $35.27B in February. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32080, p1
Reports on the increase in the amount of long-term debt sold by states and localities in the U.S. in February 2005. Factors influencing the increase in bond sales; Growth in public sector investment in infrastructure and other kinds of social purposes; Increase in revenue bond issuance.
- Austin Refunds $336M for CP, Longer Debt and a Swap. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/11/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33745, p8
The article offers information that the city of Austin, Texas would be refunding commercial paper, long-term debt and terminating a swap through a 335.9 million U.S. dollars negotiated deal.
- THE BOND REFUNDING DECISION AS A MARKOV PROCESS. Bierman Jr., Harold // Management Science;Aug1966, Vol. 12 Issue 12, pB-545
Corporations that issue long-term debt are frequently faced with the opportunity to call the bonds and issue new bonds at more advantageous interest rates. When the current interest rate falls below the contractual interest rate on the outstanding debt, then computations must be made to evaluate...
- Bill Would Let Massachusetts Cities Sell Bonds for Expenses. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p3
To spur legislative discussion on solutions to the fiscal problems that will be faced by U.S. cities and towns in 2003, a legislative bill has been introduced in Massachusetts that would allow municipalities to issue tax-exempt bonds for operating expenses usually financed through state...
- University Health Upgrade. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/12/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32276, p33
The article presents information about the credit rating of the Pennsylvania Higher Education Facilities Authority bonds issued for the University of Pennsylvania Health Services (UPHS) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It reports that Standard & Poor's raised its rating for the bond to A-plus from...
- Market Indicators . // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p33
Focuses on the market indicators for transaction of bonds during 2002 and 2003. Total volume of bonds in terms of dollar; Index for bonds developed by Bond Buyer; Sales of bonds.
- Negotiated Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p10
Presents information about negotiated bond offerings made by several companies as of February 14, 2002. Brief description of the issuers; Amount and date for offerings.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p20
Presents state-wise results of negotiated bond sales in the U.S. as of February 14, 2002. Amount and due dates for bond sales; Book entries for different transactions.