Daley's CPS Warning
- Homeowners' Burden. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p33
Reports on the state of the city address of Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard Daley, stating that lawmakers should limit annual property tax increases and reduce the state's reliance on taxes to fund education. Increase in homeowners' assessment; Criticism of Daley for failing to push any measures...
- Gambling Project Proposed in Chicago To Help Generate Capital for Schools. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;6/9/1993, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p22
The article reports on the proposal of Mayor Richard M. Daley to construct an eight-hundred million dollars entertainment complex that would include gambling boats on the Chicago River in Illinois. This is the idea of Daley to generate funds for the cash-strapped city school districts without...
- Chicago Fire. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;11/5/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p28
Mayor Richard M. Daley, the Republican secretary of education and the Democratic mayor of Chicago, Illinois, recently traded criticisms of the No Child Left Behind Act. Speaking to educators gathered in his city on October 23, for a Council of the Great City Schools conference, Mayor Daley...
- Big-box bill to pass, but will Daley sign? Singh, Shruti Daté // Crain's Chicago Business;7/24/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p1
The article focuses on Chicago city Mayor Richard M. Daley's attitude towards minimum wage ordinance in Chicago, Illinois. It is expected that the ordinance will be passed by the city council members with a majority when it comes up for a vote on the floor of the Chicago city council on July 26,...
- In this election, mayor's got a lock on key to the city. Weisman, Joel // Crain's Chicago Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p11
Reports on the nomination of Mayor Richard M. Daley in the Chicago election contest. Arrangement between the Republican Party and Daley to negate opposition; Unfavorable response from the black community for Mayor Daley.
- Behind the looking glass of Madigan endorsement. Weisman, Joel // Crain's Chicago Business;01/14/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p9
Comments on the endorsement of lawyer Lisa Madigan by city mayor Richard Daley in Chicago, Illinois. Speculations of the reasons of the endorsement; Opinion on the conflict between Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan and Daley; Views on the failure of the support of congressional candidates.
- Daley's future is open, but it might be quiet. Kapos, Shia // Crain's Chicago Business;9/13/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p4
The article offers information on the possible opportunities for Richard M. Daley, mayor of Chicago, Illinois, after retiring and highlights his intentions to spend time with his family after retiring.
- MAYOR DALEY'S LAST CITY COUNCIL MEETING. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;5/11/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p8
The article reports that Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard M. Daley has presided his last council meeting.
- Chicago's Daley gives lessons to Democrats. Tyson, James L. // Christian Science Monitor;4/3/95, Vol. 87 Issue 88, p3
Profiles the career of Mayor Richard M. Daley of Chicago standing for a second term in April 1995. Comparison with father Richard J. Daley, former mayor of Chicago.