New Bedford, Mass., Set to Offer $64M of Bond Anticipation Notes
- Colorado Charter Misses Payment. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32265, p4
Reports on the failure of the Leadership Preparatory Academy in Colorado, to pay earlier its bond interest payment. Citations of the likely reason behind the delinquency; Refusal of the Leadership to acknowledge holding elections for board of directors; Creation of the charter school James...
- School Funding Fix. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/26/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32306, p27
The article reports on the introduction of legislation that calls for bonds to be issued to address the inequities of South Carolina's funding of its education system. Beginning in fiscal 2007 and continuing for four fiscal years, an additional 300 million dollars in state school facilities...
- Chicago Schools Boost GO Sale by $100M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/23/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32265, p1
Focuses on the effort of the Chicago Board of Education to boosts its annual general obligation sale. Citations of the resources wherein the board used to increase such sale; Consideration of structuring the deal as floating-rate debt; Conversion of mid-to long term maturity as synthetic fixed...
- Leon Schools to AA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32073, p29
Reports on the upgrade of Leon County School District's general obligation rating in Florida. Sound financial management and ample reserve levels.
- D.C. Council Grants 1st OK to Pay-As-You-Go School Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/8/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32315, p4
The article reports on the preliminary approval of the Washington D.C. on legislation that provides pay-as-you-go capital for school modernization projects. The bill has been introduced by council member Adrian Fenty. It includes bonding provisions of about one billion dollar of bonds backed by...
- DISD Polishes Off Authorization. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Dallas Independent School District in Texas to issue the final segment of the $1.366 billion of debt with a negotiated sale of $284.5 million in school construction bonds. The fixed-rate, current-interest bonds are scheduled to be priced on February 22, 2006.
- Louisiana School District, Hit By Rita, Makes Return to Market. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32303, p4
The article reports on the 2.8 million general obligation bond that will be issued by Calcasieu Parish's School District No. 26 in Atlanta, Georgia. Proceeds from the bond sale will be used to reconstruct and repair schools damaged by Hurricane Rita. The bonds will be sold competitively and will...
- L.A. School Trans. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32238, p33
Reports on the pricing of tax and revenue anticipation notes of Los Angeles Unified School District in California. Maturity date of the notes; Rating given by the Moody's Investor Service to the notes.
- We Can Rebuild Them: Scottsdale, Ariz., Schools Selling $100 Million. Witts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/1/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32080, p1
Reports on the planned sale of the general obligation bonds of the Unified School District No. 48 in Scottsdale, Arizona. Purpose of the proceeds of the transaction; Total amount of general obligation bonds the school intends to sell; Underwriter for the district.