Island Corp. Chief
- If I had a hammock. AGOVINO, THERESA // Crain's New York Business;7/30/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p0007
The article focuses on Leslie Koch, Governors Island Preservation and Education Corp. president in New York County, New York who was the brain behind the hammocks at the New York Harbor, which leads to more visitors coming into the island.
- Once More to the Island. GLADSTONE, VALERIE // Public Art Review;Spring/Summer2014, Issue 50, p82
The article discusses the conversion of Governors Island, New York to a public art space. The role of president of the Trust for Governors Island Leslie Koch in the transitioning of the space is examined, the social role of the art space on the island is discussed, and the sculptural art of Mark...
- The Mayor of G.I. Joe Delessio // New York;7/13/2009, Vol. 42 Issue 23, p47
An interview with the Mayor of Governors Island Leslie Koch is presented. When asked about how she get involved with the island, Koch revealed that she personally has had an experience touring the island. As the mayor of the island, Koch imparts that placing Governors on the map once more is the...
- A New Vision of Governors Island. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p1
The article reports on the presentation of the Governors Island Preservation and Education Corp.'s vision for a public park and promenade on the island that sits off the southern tip of Manhattan, New York. In order to create detailed proposals for the spaces, the corporation extended the...
- USELESS BEAUTY. Paumgarten, Nick // New Yorker;8/31/2009, Vol. 85 Issue 26, p56
The article discusses the history of New York City, the condition of Governors Island, and its future. It is believed by New Yorker Joep de Koning that Jan Rodrigues settled on Nutten Island, which is now Governors Island, in 1613. The state's acquisition of the island from the federal...
- FANTASY ISLAND. Lange, Alexandra // New York;6/4/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p26
The article describes the proposals being generated that would make Governors Island an urban retreat in New York City. Previous proposals are mentioned but, the article notes, developers want the state and city to improve the island first. Some critics like Leslie Koch of the Governors Island...
- Why the best salespeople rarely make good managers. Greenberg, Herb // Forum (10566937);Feb97, Issue 177, p21
Opinion. Looks at why excellent insurance salespeople rarely make the best sales managers when promoted in a company. Effect of the promotion on the person's performance; Problems associated when the person failed.
- How to tell who's ready to be promoted. // Supervisory Management;Oct93, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p4
Discusses guidelines for candidate promotion. Good communicator; Ambitious; Role model.
- A subtle song of praise. Case, Kristin; Woolsey, Terry // Women in Business;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p38
Presents several tips on how to be promoted in job. Accepting praise gracefully; Sharing of skills; Leading outside the office.