New Jersey Looks Into Privatizing 'Main Street'
- The EZ Pass Funding Fantasy. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;8/14/2001-8/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p16
Focuses on revenues from violations of the EZ Pass electronic toll collection system in New Jersey. Expected amount of money that will be raised by March 2008; Issue of removing tolls on the Garden State Parkway.
- ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF MONOPOLY TOLL ROAD SERVICE AREAS. Spry, John; Crowley, Jocelyn Elise // Eastern Economic Journal;Summer2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p393
Focuses on the impact of legal monopolies in toll road service areas to gasoline and food service providers in the U.S. Discussion on the merits of privatization; Information on a spatial model of pricing in toll road service areas; Prices on toll roads in New Jersey.
- Pitching Highway Privatization Lite. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;4/10/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p3
The article reports on the proposal of New Jersey Senator Raymond Lesniak to sell or lease 49% stake in the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway to private investors. He believes that the privatization of the two entities would result in more commercial development along the roads....
- Turnpike and Parkway tolls set to increase in January. TOWNES, GLENN // New York Amsterdam News;12/22/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 51, p4
The article reports that the New Jersey Turnpike Authority officials in charge of two of the busiest highways in New Jersey have announced increase in toll charges.
- Plucking Cash from the Air. // njbiz;11/27/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p12
The article discusses the importance of proper budget allocation from the proceeds of the proposed sale of the toll roads and air rights over train stations in New Jersey. Although the proposal is inviting as the state will be able to generate cash while still being able to use existing assets,...
- Roads Face 'Perfect Financial Firestorm.'. Goldstein, Scott; Ruth, Jo�o S. // njbiz;7/28/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p2
The article reports on the comment made by Kris Kolluri, commissioner of the state Department of Transportation and head of the New Jersey Turnpike Authority, that the roads in New Jersey are facing a perfect financial firestorm. The comment by Kolluri came after the spike in the cost of asphalt...
- N.J. truckers get a break. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;08/24/98, Vol. 255 Issue 8, p13
Announces that trucking companies capable of adjusting their schedules to avoid rush hour can save on tolls in New Jersey under a peak pricing toll scheme in the Garden State starting August 1998. Statistics on commercial vehicles that traveled the Jersey Turnpike; Result of the truckers'...
- Ask Christie for whom the hikes toll. // njbiz;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p14
The author comments on the proposed increase of toll fees at the Hudson crossings in New York and New Jersey.
- AAAs all around in headlines. // njbiz;10/3/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p16
In the article, the author examines the move by the American Automobile Association (AAA) to reject the toll rate hike made by the New Jersey & New York Port Authority, and the denial by New York Mets baseball team officials of the entry of the New York Yankees' triple-A unit in Newark, New Jersey.