TITLE

XL Capital to Spin Off Parts of Subsidiaries

AUTHOR(S)
Meyers, Maxwell
PUB. DATE
April 2006
SOURCE
Bond Buyer;4/10/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32357, p1
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article reports on the creation of a new entity called Security Capital Assurance Ltd. by Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd. The move is in line with the company's move to diversify its triple-A rated financial guaranty insurance and reinsurance subsidiaries. XL will sell the new company to the public at 35 percent and will own the remaining 65 percent. It will hold the majority ownership but will not retain majority voting rights on issues of shareholder matters as dividends or stock splits.
ACCESSION #
20464043

 

Related Articles

  • Fitch Puts XLCA on Watch List. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/13/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32773, p1 

    The article reports that Fitch Ratings Ltd. is putting Security Capital Assurance Ltd. (SCA), along with its triple-A bond insurance subsidiary XL Capital Assurance Inc., on watch for possible downgrade in the U.S. According to the report, the rating action made SCA the first bond insurer to see...

  • It's Official: Syncora Is the New Security Capital Assurance. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/5/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32933, p6 

    The article reports that the Security Capital Assurance Ltd. (SCA) officially changed its name to Syncora Holdings Ltd. in the U.S. It states that the names of SCA's bond insurer subsidiaries, XL Capital Assurance Inc. and XL Financial Assurance Ltd., have changed to Syncora Guarantee Inc. and...

  • SCA Reports 1Q Drop in Public Finance Business, But Overall Income Goes Up. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/25/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32615, p36 

    The article announces the drop in public finance business of Security Capital Assurance Ltd. in the first quarter of 2007. The 16.5 percent slowdown in the public finance business is due to tight credit spreads and increased competition. The slowdown is also a role reversal for its parent...

  • SCA Questions Fitch's Methodology in Responding to Downgrade of XLCA. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32845, p7 

    The article reports that the Security Capital Assurance (SCA) Ltd. expressed its disappointment with Fitch Ratings Ltd.'s capital model in the U.S. The rating agency has downgraded the XL Capital Assurance Inc. to BB from A and moved to negative outlook. The SCA responded the issue by offering...

  • Insurer Says Merrill Broke Agreements.  // American Banker;3/24/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 56, p9 

    The author reports that Security Capital Assurance Ltd. has canceled debt obligation contracts which it had with Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. According to the article, Security Capital canceled the agreement due to Merrill Lynch breaching an agreement between the companies. A lawsuit which Merrill...

  • XL Capital Assurance Appoints Former GMAC Executive as CFO. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32140, p6 

    This article focuses on Elizabeth Keys, chief financial officer of XL Capital Assurance Inc. Keys joined the firm on May 16, 2005 and assumed the position from former CFO Edward B. Hubbard, who last year was promoted to president and chief operating officer of XLCA. Arnold Brousell, controller...

  • An issue from the isthmus and more RMBS from Mexico. F. O. // Asset Securitization Report;4/2/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p19 

    The article reports developments related to residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) from Mexico. La Hipotecaria's 29-year final, $73 million RMBS is now being arranged by Descap Securities through the help of XLCA. The transaction, according to Standard & Poor, was the first cross-border...

  • XL Capital Weighs Strategies to Shelter Subsidiaries' Ratings. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;12/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32277, p7 

    The article reports that XL Capital Ltd. is making efforts to make sure that the triple-A rating of its financial guarantor subsidiaries XL Capital Assurance Inc. (XLCA) and XL Financial Assurance (XLFA), is not affected by any fall in the credit rating of the parent company. In the company's...

  • CLARIFICATION.  // Asset Securitization Report;8/18/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p6 

    A correction to the article misstating the name of bond issuer XL Capital Assurance Inc. published in the July 28, 2008 issue is presented.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics