Pennsylvania School District Looks To Sue 1997 Bond Deal Participants
- Rulings and Decisions Under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. // Internal Revenue Bulletin;4/28/2014, Vol. 2014 Issue 18, p987
The article presents information on several notices related to internal revenue. Several rulings under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 in the U.S. are provided, with guidance on corporate bond monthly yield curve. It also discusses the treatment of persons, who own foreign investment...
- Education, Propaganda, and the Methodology Test. Thomas, Ward L.; Fontenrose, Robert // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation (9781413313871);May2012, pF10
The article discusses the administrative history of "educational" exemption and its relationship to other provisions under the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) 501(c)(3) in the U.S. It states the development of a methodology test to determine whether an organization has an educational purpose vexed...
- FORM: Guide to Charitable Solicitation. Mancuso, Anthony // How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation in California (9781413310276;May2009, pF35
The article offers information on federal laws that govern charities, charity reporting and fundraising for charitable purposes in California. Most of the charities registered in California are required to have one director, a president, a chief financial officer and a secretary. The charitable...
- KANSAS. // Property Tax Alert;Jul2010, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
The article discusses a court case wherein the Kansas Court of Appeals upheld the findings of the Kansas Board of Tax Appeals regarding tax exemptions on housing properties owned by a limited liability company.
- Power of court to grant relief. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Nov81, Vol. 92 Issue 1059, p51
Discusses the case, Customs and Excise Commissioners v Hedon Alpha Ltd. involving the authority of the court to grant tax relief. Background of the case; Proceedings in which tax relief could be granted.
- Offshore dependents must be U.S. citizens for exemptions. Gray, Michael C. // Michael Gray, CPA's Tax & Business Insight;Aug2012, p1
The article discusses the court case Leah M. Carlebach and Uriel Fried v. Commissioner, U.S. Tax Court which deals with the tax exemptions of offshore dependents of U.S. citizens.
- End of incentives would help diversification. Mylchreest, Ian // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/6/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p5
Comments on the issue of tax incentives in Las Vegas, Nevada. Impact of several tax break cases on the state; Information on the two kinds of tax incentives that the state gave; Result of the fact that manufacturers prefer to move to the rural South of the state.
- SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS DESIGNED FOR ORTHOPEDIC PROCEDURES EXEMPT IN TEXAS. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;3/1/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p3
The article discusses a court case wherein the Texas Court of Appeals rendered a summary judgment favoring the taxpayer on the orthopedic device or appliance tax exemption in Texas while rejecting the interpretation of the comptroller in the case Zimmer US Inc. v. Combs.
- INDIANA COURT DECISIONS - OCT. 17-30, 2012. // Indiana Lawyer;11/9/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p21
A calendar of court decisions in Indiana from October 17-30, 2012 is presented which include cases on Medicaid, unemployment benefits and tax exemptions.