El Paso ISD Targets Fall
- As more private schools turn to bonds, market players start paying attention. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;09/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30473, p1
Reports on private schools' issuance of bonds in order to acquire additional capital in the United States. Mutual funds' effort to attract investments from private schools; Growth of investors' interest in private-school education; Private schools' preference for private placement investments.
- Reader wary of 2014 bond elections. Deiterich, Chuck // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/30/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 31, p6A
A letter to the editor is presented expressing the author's concerns regarding the 2014 Burnet Consolidated Independent School District (BCSID) bond election on Texas.
- Junk-rated private high schools are waiting in the wings. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p6
Analyzes the market for junk-rated bonds from private school issuers in the United States. Ratings of bonds from school issuers; Public debt instruments used by low-rated schools; Market conditions which encourage the sale of junk-rated bonds.
- Sheldon, Tex., Schools Regroup for 2d Referendum Try in '06. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32258, p40
Reports on the plan of officials from the Sheldon Independent School District to meet with members of the community to determine why they voted down two debt proposals in the referendum in Sheldon, Texas. Rejection of voters of the proposed increase in the cap on property tax dedicated to debt...
- TEXAS: ISD Panel to Take Long View. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/16/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32734, p9
The article announces that trustees of Longview Independent School District in Texas named a local pastor and the owner of a chicken restaurant as co-chairs of an exploratory bond committee. The panel will help professionals that have been hired to assess the East Texas district's existing...
- Southeast colleges using more variable-rate debt to fund improvements. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/13/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30250, p3
Reports on the growing number of private colleges in southeastern states selling more variable-rate bond issues to better balance assets and liabilities while funding major building programs. Graph comparing volume of variable-rate bonds for higher education sold from 1992-1997; Advantages of...
- Up and Coming Texas District Deals $277M. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;4/29/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32867, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Leander Independent School District to issue $277.1 million of unlimited-tax school building and refunding bonds through a negotiated deal in Leander, Texas. The taxable-assessed value of the school district has nearly doubled during the past five years to...
- TEXAS Longview ISD Plans $193M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32776, p9
The article reports on the plan of Independent School District in Longview, Texas to consider a $193 million bond package. According to Superintendent James E. Wilcox, the plan will consolidate 12 elementary campuses into seven to expand the district's Montessori program. The plan also includes...
- Keller Pops the Question. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p31
No abstract available.