TITLE

Bi-State Bridge Backing

AUTHOR(S)
Albanese, Elizabeth
PUB. DATE
April 2006
SOURCE
Bond Buyer;4/4/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32353, p33
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article reports on the funding of the proposed 715 million dollars Great River Bridge project in Arkansas. Federal funding of the project will be covering about 80 percent of the bridge's cost, considering each of the two states covering half of the remaining 20 percent. The committee of the project has not completed a detailed financial plan which outlines the costs and funding of the construction, although the bridge's design has been completed.
ACCESSION #
20464029

 

Related Articles

  • The Battles of the Mooringsport Bridge. Laborde, Errol // Louisiana Life;May/Jun2014, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p4 

    The article focuses on the vehicular Mooringsport bridge which constructed by the Midland Bridge Co. in Louisiana wherein the bridge has a vertical lift that allow oil equipment to pass in.

  • Five new bridges to increase access to southeastern Lesotho. Boshoff, Jody // Civil Engineering (10212000);Mar2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p49 

    The article describes the architectural design of five new bridges in Lesotho intended to improve the road network of the country's southeatern portion. The bridges include Senqunyane River bridge, Senqu River bridge, Mohlapiso River bridge, Sebapala River bridge and Qhoali River bridge. The...

  • UK Project Management Round Up. Shepherd, Miles // PM World Journal;Dec2014, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p1 

    The article offers update on the economic development projects in Great Britain as of December 1, 2014. Crossrail have launched a long temporary road bridge over the Great Western Main Line. China government will invest on the rail projects in Great Britain. Didcot B power station will keep the...

  • PEACE BRIDGE BORDER UPGRADES NOW ENTERING PHASE TWO.  // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Jun2005, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p9 

    Reports on the construction of Phase Two of the border enhancements at the Peace Bridge in Canada. Aid of the construction in improving the Canadian Border Plaza at the Peace Bridge; Goal of the project in reducing border congestion and expand capacity at the crossing; Total amount allocated for...

  • County rejects EB bridge construction funds.  // East Bernard Express (TX);5/17/2007, Vol. 64 Issue 20, p1 

    The article reports that county commissioners rejected the Texas Department of Transportation's request for funds that will finance the construction of a new bridge in East Bernard, Texas in 2007.

  • WALKING CRANES SPEED REHAB.  // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/24/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 24, p15 

    Reports the bridge replacement project of the contractors in Ohio. Elimination of the structure using cranes and barge-mounted equipment; Budget for the project; Removal of the deck by the demolition crew.

  • Bridge, Viaduct Costs Climb. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;9/22/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32472, p33 

    The article reports on the increase of the skyrocketing inflation rates for the Evergreen Point Bridge and Alaskan Way Viaduct in Seattle, Washington. The previous estimated cost for the Alaskan Way Viaduct's structure replacement increases from $2 billion to $2.82 billion. The price tag of the...

  • Topeka Bridge Financing. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32358, p27 

    The article reports on the plans of Topeka city to issue additional revenue bonds to finance the construction of a new Topeka Boulevard Bridge in Kansas. The sources of funds for the initiative include the half-cent sales tax, federal grants, and the proceeds from the sale of revenue bonds. The...

  • N.Y. Slashes '09 Budget. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;8/21/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32945, p1 

    The article reports on New York's mid-year budget cuts which responded favorably by rating analysts. The experts applaud the $427 million cut from the current 2009 fiscal year and are expected to save more than $600 million in the next fiscal year. The state over the last few years has proven...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics