Mississippi Legislative Session Ends With Passage of Budget
- Florida's Leaders Bask in State's Fiscal Health. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/11/2014, Vol. 386 Issue 34225, p1
Florida's fiscal health is in better shape than it has been in years thanks to state spending policies, restraint using debt, and rebounding revenues, officials said.
- Purchase Violations of Old Ennis Safeway Apparently Committed. WILLIAMSON SR., MICHAEL D. // Ellis County Press;12/3/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p1
The article reports that Ennis Economic Development Corp. (EEDC) has completed the purchase of 302 N. Dallas Street through multiple violation of the Texas Local Government Code wherein the EEDC has failed to obtain approval from the City Commissioners in Ennis, Texas.
- TERRITORIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REFORM - SOURCE FOR LOCAL DEVELOPMENT. STUDY CASE: BIHOR COUNTY. Florea, Adrian // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2015, Vol. 24, p58
Romania's territorial and administrative reform, begun in the period of preaccession to the UE, seems to be actually stuck in technical and political details, and personal vanity as well. We claim the necessity of realizing it urgently and not just due to the European directives for...
- Conclusion. Altman, Roger C.; Bordoff, Jason E.; Orszag, Peter R.; Rubin, Robert E. // Hamilton Project: Strategy Papers;Apr2006, p22
The article offers a conclusion regarding The Hamilton Project, an economic strategy to advance opportunity, prosperity and growth in the U.S. It states that the nation must be willing to make necessary investments to reap benefits. It adds that the Project will identify smart, pragmatic policy...
- Growing the Inner City? Jacoby, Tamar; Siegel, Fred // New Republic;08/23/99, Vol. 221 Issue 8, p22
Looks at a 15-year experiment with public and private cooperation on economic development projects in New York City's Harlem in light of United States President Bill Clinton's proposals for so-called third way antipoverty programs. History of the idea, and impact of previous U.S. programs,...
- Executive Summary. Altman, Roger C.; Bordoff, Jason E.; Orszag, Peter R.; Rubin, Robert E. // Hamilton Project: Strategy Papers;Apr2006, p5
The article summarizes concepts under The Hamilton Project, an economic strategy to advance opportunity, prosperity and growth in the U.S. It states that the U.S. has failed to make the decision required to advance opportunity, prosperity and growth. It informs that the economic strategy of the...
- Job-boosting projects wanted. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;6/18/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 25, p11
The article reports that the Mid-Hudson Regional Economic Development Council is seeking proposals for economic development projects in New York that it will recommend as priorities for state funding in 2012.
- Private Sector Fuels Growth. // Latin America Monitor: Andean Group Monitor;Sep2005, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the economic growth fueled by the private sector in Venezuela. Improvement in real gross domestic product by 17.3 percent; Stability of investment and private consumption; Reduction in unemployment rate; Consideration of government expenditure; Assessment of the business environment.
- Government To Maintain Budgetary Discipline. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Dec2006, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p12
The article focuses on the impact of implementing budgetary discipline of the government in Turkey. It was observed that decline in revenue growth accounted from the decrease of domestic demand that ran through the fourth quarter of 2006 to 2007. Coordination of this tight budgeting somehow...