Mississippi Legislative Session Ends With Passage of Budget
- Florida's Leaders Bask in State's Fiscal Health. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/11/2014, Vol. 386 Issue 34225, p1
Florida's fiscal health is in better shape than it has been in years thanks to state spending policies, restraint using debt, and rebounding revenues, officials said.
- Purchase Violations of Old Ennis Safeway Apparently Committed. WILLIAMSON SR., MICHAEL D. // Ellis County Press;12/3/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p1
The article reports that Ennis Economic Development Corp. (EEDC) has completed the purchase of 302 N. Dallas Street through multiple violation of the Texas Local Government Code wherein the EEDC has failed to obtain approval from the City Commissioners in Ennis, Texas.
- TERRITORIAL ADMINISTRATIVE REFORM - SOURCE FOR LOCAL DEVELOPMENT. STUDY CASE: BIHOR COUNTY. Florea, Adrian // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2015, Vol. 24, p58
Romania's territorial and administrative reform, begun in the period of preaccession to the UE, seems to be actually stuck in technical and political details, and personal vanity as well. We claim the necessity of realizing it urgently and not just due to the European directives for...
- Executive Summary. Altman, Roger C.; Bordoff, Jason E.; Orszag, Peter R.; Rubin, Robert E. // Hamilton Project: Strategy Papers;Apr2006, p5
The article summarizes concepts under The Hamilton Project, an economic strategy to advance opportunity, prosperity and growth in the U.S. It states that the U.S. has failed to make the decision required to advance opportunity, prosperity and growth. It informs that the economic strategy of the...
- Conclusion. Altman, Roger C.; Bordoff, Jason E.; Orszag, Peter R.; Rubin, Robert E. // Hamilton Project: Strategy Papers;Apr2006, p22
The article offers a conclusion regarding The Hamilton Project, an economic strategy to advance opportunity, prosperity and growth in the U.S. It states that the nation must be willing to make necessary investments to reap benefits. It adds that the Project will identify smart, pragmatic policy...
- Growing the Inner City? Jacoby, Tamar; Siegel, Fred // New Republic;08/23/99, Vol. 221 Issue 8, p22
Looks at a 15-year experiment with public and private cooperation on economic development projects in New York City's Harlem in light of United States President Bill Clinton's proposals for so-called third way antipoverty programs. History of the idea, and impact of previous U.S. programs,...
- Job-boosting projects wanted. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;6/18/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 25, p11
The article reports that the Mid-Hudson Regional Economic Development Council is seeking proposals for economic development projects in New York that it will recommend as priorities for state funding in 2012.
- With Moody's Upgrade in Hand, Austin Readies Water Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32240, p3
Reports on the multi-million dollar water and wastewater system revenue refunding bonds in Austin, Texas. Competitive sale of the bonds through i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system; Use of the proceeds from the issue for the interim financing of system projects; Maintenance of the city with...
- N.Y.C.'s Lincoln Center Refunds ARS, Plans $200 Million New-Money Deal. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/17/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32920, p3
The article reports on the commencement of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts Inc.'s refinancing for its auction-rate debt in New York on July 16, 2008. The initiative includes a $151.3 million refunding that is ahead of plans to sell $200 million of new money by August. The refunding, which...