March ISM Index Slips To 55.2 From 56.7 in Feb
- Ayer y hoy. // Latin Trade (Spanish);nov/dic2009, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p63
No abstract available.
- Takeoff Velocity. McCurry, John W. // Site Selection;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p128
The article discusses the growth of the aerospace industry in Rockford, Illinois. As reported, over 170 aerospace suppliers have operations in the Greater Rockford area, with more than 6,500 employees in the industry sector work in the Rockford MSA. The Rockford Area Aerospace Network (RAAN) was...
- ISM Index at 50.9 in Oct., Down From 52.0 in Sept. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32747, p2
The article reports on the overall U.S. economic growth in 2007, based on the data released by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM). The ISM business index showed a decrease to 50.9 in October from 52.0 in September. An index reading below 50 indicates a slowing economic, while a level...
- Chicago PMI Increases To 60.4 in March. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p2
The article reports that the Chicago Purchasing Managers' Business Barometer increased in March 2006. The Business Barometer gained to 60.4 in March as compared to 54.9 in February. February 2006 was the 34th month out of 35 when the index showed economic expansion, as defined by a reading above...
- Chicago PMI Rose to 64.7 in July. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p2
Reports on the growth of the Chicago Purchasing Manager's Business index. Detection of an economic expansion with the growth of the index; Decrease in the employment index.
- A New Composite Leading Indicator for Turkish Economic Activity. Atabek, Aslihan; Erdoogan, Evren; Cosr; Ahin�z, Saygin // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p45
The aim of this paper is to construct a composite leading indicator (CLI) for Turkish economic activity that would crucially provide earlier signals of turning points between economic expansions and slowdowns. First, for this analysis, the index of nidus- trial production is selected as an...
- JOBS, PRODUCTIVITY, AND LOCAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: WHAT IMPLICATIONS DOES ECONOMIC RESEARCH HAVE FOR THE ROLE OF THE GOVERNMENT? Bartik, Timothy J. // National Tax Journal;Dec94, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p847
This article discusses the implications of three types of economic research for economic development policies in the U.S. First, there are the implications of economists' philosophy about what justifies government intervention in private business decisions. Second, there has been extensive...
- STATE INVESTMENT IN BUSINESS INCUBATORS. Allen, David N.; Weinberg, Mark L. // Public Administration Quarterly;Summer88, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p196
This article focuses on the benefits of business incubator development and its role in business development strategy in the U.S. In 1984, state governments spent an average of 7,805,296 dollars for economic development activities. This level of spending represented a significant increase for...
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Feb2006, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4
The article forecasts the economic performance of Russia for 2006. Oil and gas condensate output was up by just 2.5 percent in 2005 and is expected to grow by under 3 percent. It is also predicted that the country will experience a GDP expansion of 5.6 percent for the year.