UBS's Prime Brokerage Bet
- Postmerger lineup not Paine-less. Wipperfurth, Heike // Crain's New York Business;10/9/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p3
Reports the merger of PaineWebber Inc. and UBS AG . Employment of investment strategists and executives of PaineWebber in the merged firms; Plight of PaineWebber employees; Purpose of the merger; Details on other key appointments.
- Swiss Knight. Cooper, Evan // On Wall Street;Aug2000, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p6
Comments on the acquisition of PaineWebber (PW) by UBS AG, a Swiss bank. Purchase price of the deal; Effect of the acquisition deal on PW brokers.
- UBS Warburg's Global Power Plan. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Dec2000, Vol. 13 Issue 175, p46
Deals with the challenges faced by UBS Warburg, a Swiss bank in line with its acquisition of PaineWebber, a retail brokerage firm in the United States (U.S.). Ranking of UBS Warburg in the U.S.; Impact of the merger on the Nasdaq stocks UBS Warburg will trade; Effect of the merger on UBS...
- THIS MONTH IN HISTORY. // On Wall Street;Jul2006, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p22
Recalls the merger between UBS and PaineWebber on July 12, 2000. Amount spent by UBS on the transaction.
- UBS CEO HAS U.S. ON WATCH. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Aug2007, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p16
The article focuses on whether UBS should keep its U.S. brokerage and its advisors. It cites the challenges facing CEO Marcel Rohner in managing the wealth management unit of UBS. It details the new growth initiative to be launched by UBS in the U.S. market. It cites the problems being...
- Thank You, UBS, Say PW Brokers. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Sep2000, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p22
Looks at the pending acquisition of PaineWebber by Swiss banking company UBS. Impact of the merger announcement on PaineWebber stocks; Amount of retention package received by J.C. Bradford brokers as part of the PaineWebber acquisition.
- UBS Denies It Plans to Sell Unit. // American Banker;6/30/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 125, p16
The article reports that UBS AG stated than none of the major businesses owned by UBS are for sale, including its Paine Webber unit. The statement came in response to earlier reports on the matter, the article indicates. The article details the purchase of Paine Webber by UBS in 2000 including...
- RICH FRIENDS. // Latin Trade (English);Mar2007, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p9
The article reports that Swiss bank UBS has purchased Brazilian investment house Banco Pactual upon approval of regulators. UBS made the purchase at a price of US$2.50 billion, changing the name of the investment bank to UBS Pactual. It takes over 750 employees in offices in SÃ£o Paulo, Rio de...
- The Swiss Are Coming. Lenzner, Robert; Stone, Andy // Forbes Global;6/20/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p16
Recalls an article about the plan of UBS to become a powerhouse of the investment banking, published in the September 6, 2004 issue of the periodical "Forbes Capital." Increase in the net profit of UBS; Annualized return on equity of the Swiss bank; Amount earned by UBS in representing Gillette...