The Company You Keep
- Heading for the junkyard? Preece, Howard // Finance Week;5/4/2005, p66
The article presents a discussion on the bonds of General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co., which are heading toward the junk status. Junk bonds are interest-bearing corporate paper that by definition are held in varying degrees of suspicion. General Motors might still be a giant but it is...
- High-yield once defined CDOs, now a growing minority. O'Leary, Christopher // Asset Securitization Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the effects of high-yield bonds on the securities market. Preference of securities managers for less-volatile collateral like asset-backed securities; Evidence of a growing asset quality problem in the securities market; Use of basic statistical models to predict default rates.
- Securitizations Claim Share of HY Supply. Editorial Staff // High Yield Report;2/26/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p1
Reports the claims of securitization market on the share of high yield supply in Europe. Anticipation of high yield offering from a leveraged buyout; Option of whole-business securitization to companies with solid cash flows; Use of covenants to restrict the use of excess cash flows.
- High-Yield Market Gets Ready to Embrace Falling Auto Angels. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;May2005, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p65
Focuses on the corporate financing of the growing corporate debts of automakers General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. in the U.S. Economic indicators showing declining economic performance and market shares of both companies; Issuance of high-yield corporate debt and bonds have fell due to...
- Ford, GM deals offer possible ABS precedents. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/24/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 17, p8
Focuses on the impact on the asset-backed securities market in the United States by the deals made by General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Corp. Amount of the transactions; Feature of a `soft bullet' maturity in the companies' securities offerings.
- Iridium faced with $90m coupon payment this week. // High Yield Report;07/12/99, Vol. 10 Issue 28, p1
Discloses that satellite company Iridium LLC owed bondholders $90 million in coupon payments by July 15, 1999, on four different high yield offerings with a face value of $1.45 billion.
- Short takes on high yields. // High Yield Report;09/20/99, Vol. 10 Issue 36, p8
Reports on developments in high yield companies, as of September 20, 1999, including Adelphia Communications' plan to issue $400 million in stock to repay its debt.
- MOST RECENT COMPLETED HIGH YIELD DEALS. // Leveraged Finance News;8/11/2014, Vol. 4 Issue 32, p9
A table is presented of the most recent completed high yield deals from July 28-August 6, 2014 with information on the issue date, issuer, principal amount, currency, coupon, maturity, Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Financial Services LLC's rating and bookrunners.
- Refinancings Dominate 2009 ABL Issuance: Demand for New Assets Outstrips Supply. DIKEOS, MARIA // Secured Lender;Mar2010, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p36
The article argues that the high yield bond market and a resilient asset-based loan (ABL) market open opportunities to capital-constrained issuers in the U.S. in 2009. It reports that a strong open high yield bond market helped in pre-2006 structuring trends that partnered asset-based loans with...