Cohen Bros. Eyes Hedge Fund Launch
- Volatility allows Progress for selected hedge funds. // Asian Investor;Oct2008, p59
The article focuses on the Progress Capital Fund of the Progress Capital Management, one of the financial industry's growing firms established in Asia in September 2007. It offers strategy in providing the comprehensive wealth management and investment portfolio. It states that the fund...
- HDF to mix Asian hedge fund exposures. // Asian Investor;Apr2009, p52
The article reports that HDF Finance has opened an office and seeking for hedge funds with a regional focus in areas other than equity long/short in Singapore in 2009. It states that the office will help the firm's research regional managers to expand its Asia offering and offer a platform to...
- Kite Lake hits three-year mark and passes $100m with multi-faceted event-driven play. // Euro Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
Liquidity and steady growth are key factors in generating high-quality returns for its investors in the medium-term
- More top names join line-up for Paris springtime Summit in April. // Euro Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
With just over a month to go before this year's annual EuroHedge Summit in Paris, leading investors and managers are filling out the high-quality line-up of speakers and panellists for Europe's big hedge fund industry get-together
- Panel session: Awaken the giant within - implementing hedge funds in a custom separate account. // Invest Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
The article focuses on how Aurora Investment Management implements hedge funds in a custom separate managed account. Topics include the largest growth of Aurora Investment Management from customised portfolio solutions, the management of customised hedge fund portfolios since 1995, and the...
- Riskon Provides Hedge Fund Support. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;7/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p6
Provides information on Emerging Hedge Fund Advisory Services, a division established by international executive search and consulting firm Riskon to provide hedge fund management services.
- The risk in hedge fund strategies: theory and evidence from trend followers. Fung, W; Fung, William; Hsieh, DA; Hsieh, David A. // Review of Financial Studies;Summer2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2
Shows how to model hedge fund returns by focusing on the popular 'trend-following' strategy. Comparison of trend following and market timing as trading strategies; Superiority of the lookback straddle to the simple straddle in terms of capturing the essence of trend-following strategies.
- Befriending the retail investor. Reynard, Cherry // International Money Marketing;Nov2002, p36
Discusses the increase in popularity of hedge funds as a means of portfolio diversification. Advantages of investing in hedge funds; Move of several fund management groups to introduce non-traditional investments into their product ranges; Decline in minimum investment levels.
- FUNDS 2002: Hedge Funds: Do They Make Sense? Strachman, Daniel A. // On Wall Street;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p52
Provides information on the use of hedge fund investing approach in finance management. Effectiveness of the approach; Misconceptions about hedge funds; Discussion on the volatility of hedge funds. INSET: How About Your Own 'Hedge Fund'?.