PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Diversity is the Key to Cable's Future. Rice, Kent // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p49
Focuses on the Diversity Week of the cable industry held in New York in October 2002. Benefits of the Diversity Week for executives of the cable television industry; Need for diversity in the cable industry; Solutions for the development of the cable industry.
- TEAM SPIRIT. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/21/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 33, p10
The section presents photographs from special events related to the broadcasting and cable television industry in the U.S. as of August 2006 including New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg during a press conference and Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Huddle Up! // Broadcasting & Cable;7/31/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 30, p12
This article presents photographs taken at special events in the cable television industry, including a picture of National Football League (NFL) show commentators and hosts at the NFL and NBC Executive Part at the Television Critics Association Press Tour in Pasadena, California.
- EVENTS. // Multichannel News;8/6/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p29
A calendar of events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. compiled as of August 2007 is presented. The Minnesota Cable Communication Association's annual meeting will be held at the Arrowwood Conference Center in Alexandria, Minnesota on August 6-8. The 50th Annual Mid-America...
- CEA Changes CES Dates For '01 Show. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the decision of CEA to change the schedule for the 2001 International CES to help cable television exhibitors avoid overtime booth construction and decoration expenses.
- Honeymoon in Vegas. Brown, Roger // CED;Feb2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the impact of the Consumer Electronics Show on the cable television industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Features of the event; Emphasis on the Go2Broadband project; Availability of the advanced services to consumers.
- Atlantic will return to Baltimore. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/06/97, Vol. 127 Issue 41, p60
Presents highlights of the 1997 Atlantic Cable Show in Baltimore, Maryland. Increase on the attendance; Opening of the show by demonstrating the value of technology in overcoming distance and distraction; Words of advice from keynote speaker Bloomberg Television chairman Michael Bloomberg.
- CATV show ponders network management. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;6/17/96, Vol. 230 Issue 25, p9
Reports that vendors roll out their network management wares at the Cable-Tec Expo in Nashville, Tennessee. Surge of interests in network reliability on the part of cable TV operators; Incorporation of network management into cable systems; Introduction of hierarchy-based solutions that allow...
- Cable-Tec moves into the big leagues. Levine, Shira // Telephony;06/02/97, Vol. 232 Issue 22, p23
Features various cable television products expected to be launched at the 1997 Cable-Tec Expo in Orlando, Florida. Includes Tallabs' integrated access, transport and management solution; General Instrument's CFT-2200 advanced analog set-up boxes; Scientific-Atlanta's modules for the Continuum...