Stevens, Dorgan Seek Adelphia Conditions
- Senate Panel Backs 35% Cap. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;9/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 36, p16
Reports on the vote of the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee in 2003 to reinstate capital on one company's television household reach. Statement issued by Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Ted Stevens; Plan of Senator Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.) to fight for a ban on local broadcast and...
- Closing the Rigas Era. // CableFAX Daily;3/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 61, p2
Reports on the decision of a federal court in New York's Southern District to transfer almost all of the Rigas-owned systems to Adelphia. Accusation of Comcast and Time Warner against Adelphia; Increase in revenue of Adelphia.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;3/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on the stocks of several companies in the cable broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of March 7, 2005. Adelphia; Comcast; Mediacom; Time Warner.
- CARVING UP CABLE. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;9/28/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 60, p1
Reports on Comcast Cable Communications Inc. and Time Warner Inc.'s plans to make a joint bid for Adelphia Communications Corp.'s cable television holdings in the U.S. Potential impact of a deal on Comcast and Time's lead over their cable competitors; Comcast's plans to unwind its stake in...
- COMCAST MERGES COLORADO AD SALES. Curry, Sheree R. // Television Week;10/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p15
Reports on the merger of Comcast Advertising Sales and Adelphia Communications in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Remarks from Comcast manager Pat Ivers on the deal; Potential benefit of the deal to cable systems; Expected TV ad revenue in the state.
- Cable's Timely victory. McClintock, Pamela // Variety;4/25/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 10, p71
Reports on the acquisition of cable television operator Adelphia by Time Warner Cable and Comcast in May 2005. Terms of the agreement; Amount of the acquisition; Importance of the acquisition to the expansion of the consumer networks of Time Warner Cable and Comcast; Remarks from Time Warner...
- Program Conditions:. // CableFAX Daily;4/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 66, p2
Presents updates on issues related to cable television programming in the U.S. as of April 6, 2006. Progress of DirecTV and EchoStar over program access; Decision of U.S. Senators Ted Stevens (R-Ark.) and Byron Dorgan (D-N.D.) to send a letter to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission...
- Over the Hill: Stevens' Bill Needs the Big 60. // CableFAX Daily;6/28/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 125, p1
The article reports on the position of the U.S. Senate on the bill on telecommunications sponsored by Senator Ted Stevens. He said that the bill needs 60 votes for its passage. He predicts that the bill would be appreciated by the committee on commerce. Democratic Senator Byron Dorgan has failed...
- On the Brink of Merger. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;4/25/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p10
Reports on consolidations in the cable industry in the U.S. Information on several cable companies which are acquisition targets; Terms of an agreement between Time Warner and Comcast; Efforts of private-equity firms to get into the business.