Putting It All Together
- Princeton Unveils HTX HDTV Monitors. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/25/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p20
Features the launching of the HTX series of HDTV monitors by Princeton at the CEDIA Expo in Indianapolis, Indiana. Ability of monitors to display native scan rates for HDTV broadcast formats; Accounts of the built-in line doubler to enhance signal appearance featured in the monitors;...
- HDTV MAKES ITS PREMIERE ON DSL DEVELOPER AGENDAS. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;6/16/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 13, p16
Reports on the potential for telecommunications carriers in the U.S. to provide high-definition television over copper wires. Video implementations of digital subscriber line technology; Novel compression techniques; Development of ADSL2+ which can send data downstream at 20 megabytes per second.
- HDTV dodges a bullet. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/31/93, Vol. 123 Issue 22, p82
Editorial. Comments on the telecommunications policy regarding high-definition television. Advantages of the union of technology and broadcasting; Multimedia; Ability of broadcasters to compete in many-channel, as well as a multi-channel world.
- Q2 Slump Socks Motorola, S-A. // Multichannel News;7/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p50
Reports the business status of the telecommunication companies in the U.S. Decrease of the company sales; Advancement of high definition television; Decline on the demand of the product.
- High Definition Television. // BKSTS Journal;Mar1986, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p148
The article focuses on the views of interested parties in the telecommunications, broadcasting and cinematography industries on high definition television (HDTV). The major aims of HDTV is to improve the number of images per second and screen format. The main proponents of HDTV include the U.S....
- Cable Study Shows Strong HDTV Awareness. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/5/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p32
Reports the high definition television (HDTV) awareness research by the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing in the U.S. Percentage of consumers on awareness of the HDTV on an unaided basis; Confusion of HDTV features of the equipment; Unawareness of consumers on the delivery...
- HDTV: Where next for Europe. Spath, Tony // TVB Europe;Sep2004, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the delay of availability of High Definition Television (HDTV) in Europe. Other telecommunication equipments available in Europe; Contrast of surround sound used between Europe and the U.S.; Advantage of HDTV on broadcasters.
- NEW TECHNOLOGIES VIE TO CARRY VIDEO. Albro, Edward N. // PCWorld;Apr2005, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p22
This article discusses technologies for streaming high-definition television in a home network as of 2005. Products based oh the HomePlug 1.0 standard for transmitting data over power lines have been around for three years or so and performed at least as well as 802.11b Wi-Fi gear in our tests....
- Optical routing in the SDI and HD-SDI environment. Burn, Karlton // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep/Oct2007, p70
The article explains the use of fiber-optical interconnection in the Serial Digital Interface (SDI) and high-definition (HD)-SDI environment. While 1.5 Gigabits can be transported along coaxial cable, it shortens to 100 meters in high definition systems. Fiber-optics can deliver far greater...