Slinging Media at Higher Speeds
- On Opening Up To 'Open Source'. // Multichannel News;10/21/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p27
The author discusses various aspects of use of open source Internet protocol in cable television networks which possesses chances of introduction of malware and other kinds of security risks.
- Three Programmers Shed Western Booths. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p8
Reports the non-participation of several television networks in the Western Show, a cable trade show in the United States. Reasons for the non-participation; Complaint on the frequency of trade shows; Interest to participate in trade shows outside the wired-cable industry.
- The Nation's Leading Ad Category Comes Together in San Diego. Haire, Thomas // Response;May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the May 2008 issue of the journal "Response," including one about the Response Expo that will be held from May 6-8, 2008 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, California and another on the growing demand for general cable television in...
- A Reader's Guide to the Cable Show. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p91
The article offers information on the Cable Show to be held in Chicago, Illinois which will feature new technologies within the cable television sector.
- Beam in the learning. // Technology & Learning;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p50
Presents various satellite and cable technologies used with Internet adjuncts by distance learning content providers, to deliver educational programming. Identification of various Web sites; Reference to videoconferencing; Information on Channel One. INSETS: News from Channel One;What's on?.
- Devil's in the details. Brown, Roger // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the development of the OpenCable software project for operators in the cable television industry. Aim of the project; Design of OpenCable project; Composition of the project; Features of the software.
- Automated management in the field paying off. Kuhl, Craig // CED;Jul2001, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p52
Focuses on the automated management in cable systems in the United States. Expansion of the system by cable operators; Factors affecting the success of workforce management system; Benefits of the system.
- `I want my MTV...online'. Berniker, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/95, Vol. 125 Issue 29, p42
Reports on the online programming of MTV on the Internet. Positioning as the preeminent source for information about pop music; Work with recording labels; Previous relationship with America Online.
- Dot-com ax. Blum, Stephen // Satellite Broadband;Jun2001, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on the failure of the Internet industry in 2001. Reliance of Internet-based companies on advertising revenue; How the industry ignored the success of cable television; Discussion on Internet content providers.