GSN Runs 'Lingo' Search
- TIME WARNER CABLE DROPS FEARNET. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;4/13/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p12
The article reports that Time Warner Cablez has dropped Fearnet, the horror and thriller video on demand (VOD) channel. The said cable channel was also removed from the line up of cable operator Brighthouse. On the other hand, Fearnet can be watched on Comcast, Cox Communications, Insight and...
- Cable op owners on the run. Zeitchik, Steven // Variety;5/7/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 12, p29
The article discusses some of the challenges facing the cable industry, such as changing ownership and the addition of programming and technology services like video on demand (VOD). The article mentions The Cable Show, the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's (NCTA) annual operator...
- LIFETIME WANTS MORE OF 'BEST.' Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;11/02/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 44, p14
Reports that Lifetime Television has ordered 30 additional episodes of its gameshow 'Who Knows You Best?.' Plan to move the show to another timeslot starting with the December 18, 2000, episode; Debut of the show 'Operation Style.'
- Ops, Broadcasters Give Peace a Chance. Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/12/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the agreement of broadcasting firms to a retransmission-consent agreement where they are asked for cash to carry the network in the U.S. Time Warner Cable Inc. is the first major cable operators to agree to the deal with CBS Corp. Univision Communications Inc. also struck a...
- MGM HD Signs Up Time Warner Cable. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p13
The article reports on the deal between MGM company and Time Warner Cable Inc. It says that Time Warner affiliation agreement comes on the heels of MGM High-Definition (HD) television securing carriage pacts with Comcast, the nation's largest cable company, and Dish Network. Features of MGM HD...
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- FX adds 7 million new subscribers via Time Warner. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p27
Reports on developments related to the cable television industry in the United States as of December 20, 1999. Includes cable network FX's carriage deal with Time Warner Cable; Showtime Network's purchase of television programs with minority casts.
- Time Warner Gives Lift to C-SPAN3. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p3
Reports that United States-based cable television operator Time Warner Cable has agreed to carry cable television network C-SPAN3 as of February 19, 2001. Number of subscribers included in the digital television carriage deal.
- Manhattan Neighborhood Network makes headway. Moorer, Talise // New York Amsterdam News;10/08/98, Vol. 89 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the negotiations between Time Warner Cable and New York City's cable television network Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN). Terms under the deal; Operation by the MNN of the public access facility.