THE TECH MASTER
- High-end subscribers like new technology, and they don't care where they get it from. Barthold, Jim // Cable World (10427228);4/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p34
Comments on the attitude of cable subscribers toward new technology. Factors that led subscribers to assume they are being exploited; Problems faced by subscribers some technology in cable television; Relationship between subscribers and the cable industry regarding features provided by cable...
- PEOPLE. // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p142
Reports on developments related to cable television and subscription television executives in the United States as of November 27, 2000. Appointment of Sal Petruzzi as director of public affairs for A&E Networks; Appointment of Scott Langerman as vice president of new business for BBC America;...
- CABLE'S Next Generation. // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p49
Introduces the profiles of cable industry executives in the U.S. who are likely to take part in significant changes within their firms.
- Untitled. CS // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/94, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the move of AT&T, Tele-Communications Inc and US West to extend until June 30, 1994 their Denver, Colorado-based test of the Viewer-Controlled Cable Television (VCTV). VCTV's offer to area subscribers of extended pay-per-view (PPV) offerings; Addition of more channels to the test to...
- Infohighway narrows in remote areas. CM // Broadcasting & Cable;5/23/94, Vol. 124 Issue 21, p83
Cites the difficulty of reaching cable television (TV) subscribers in rural areas with the use of 750 megahertz (mhz) coaxial architecture. Distortion of TV signals over long distances; Higher costs for encryption, modulation and decryption; Opening of TCI's National Digital Television Center...
- Time Warner Shuffle. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p2
Reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. has officially launched its 15-channel family tier in the U.S.
- TIME WARNER CABLE SHEDS 579K VIDEO SUBS IN Q2. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/5/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p8
The article reports on the decline in the number of video subscribers of cable operator Time Warner Cable in the second quarter of 2013.
- A La Carte Television's Bland Outlook. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p20
The article presents an opinion on the sale of cable television programming a la carte in the U.S. Cable companies, including Time Warner Cable, exert efforts to address the campaign of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission against indecent programming. However, the effect of a la carte...
- ITV Comes to Carolina. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/13/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the launch of independent television (ITV) services of Time Warner Cable in South Carolina as of June 13, 2005. Reason for deploying ITV in South Carolina; Features of the ITV services launched by Time Warner; Modifications made by Time Warner on its subscription method.