- Ted Turner said his CNN. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;12/1/95, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p2
Informs about the plans of Ted Turner's CNN to squash Rupert Murdoch's planned all-news TV network.
- Discovery deals digitals. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;03/16/98, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p12
Reports the launching of the Discovery Health Channel, Discovery Communications' second digital cable network. Remarks of Discovery chairman/chief executive officer John Hendricks about cable television; Details about Discovery's digital networks; Aim of Discovery in the analog market; Plans of...
- TIMES ARE A-CHANGIN' AT TW CABLE. // Variety;11/19/2001, Vol. 385 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the business deals signed by Time Warner (TW) Cable company with cable television networks National Geographic Channel and Oxygen Media. Statistics on cable subscribers which will be added to the client base of National Geographic and Oxygen Media after its deal with TW Cable;...
- Man With a Mission. Breznick, Alan // Multichannel News;2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p12B
Profiles John Hendricks, chairman and CEO of Discovery Communications Inc. in the U.S. Cable properties of the company; Awards received by Hendricks; Educational background; Highlights of his career; His contributions to the company.
- A long way from, 'it slices, it dices ...'. Jackson, Kathy // Automotive News;3/29/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5812, pAM11
Highlights media giant Ted Turner's success in the cable industry in the United States. Challenges that Turner has to overcome; Turner as vice chairman of Time Warner Inc.
- Team Turner: Who's where? Hudis, Mark // MediaWeek;04/14/97, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p78
Presents brief profiles on ten veterans of Ted Turner's cable television empire. Includes Mark Mariani, executive vice president of CBS Sportsline sales; Gerry Hogan,former president of Turner Entertainment; George Babick, former vice president of sales for CNN; Rick Sirvaitis, former executive...
- Cable guys. Masters, Kim; Burrough, Bryan // Vanity Fair;Jan97, Issue 437, p74
Reports on the dispute between Fox News Channel's Rupert Murdoch and Time Warner's vice-chairman Ted Turner over Time's refusal to carry Fox News' challenge to CNN. Decision by Time to broadcast MSNBC on its Manhattan system; Personal attacks on each other; Serious battle about money, and who...
- Ted's CNN scores the scoop from Rupe. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;09/20/99, Vol. 376 Issue 5, p2
Speculates on the motive of News Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch's appearance on television network CNN's `Moneyline.' Rivalry between Murdoch and CNN founder Ted Turner; Subject discussed in `Moneyline.'
- Fox board toots horns at CNN. Hill, Shelley // Marketing News;05/10/99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p22
The article focuses on the billboard feud and rivalry between Fox News Channel owned by News Corp. and Cable News Network (CNN). Fox hired the Dacula High School Marching Band to play during the unveiling. The billboards, with six others located in Atlanta, Georgia tout the Fox News Channel's...