Pushing Comcast's Buttons
- Comcast Kicks Regional News Into High Gear. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);10/13/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 38, p24
Looks at the enhancements made by the CN8 cable television network of Comcast to its locally produced programming in New England in 2003. Original regional prime-time news programs of the network; Importance of associating the Comcast name with the New England Cable News.
- Nationals Rationale:. // CableFAX Daily;5/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 84, p2
Reports on the initiative of residential service network MASN to force multiple system operator Comcast to broadcast Nationals games in Washington, D.C. Legislation on MSO license introduced by DC city council members; Editorials on the dispute published by the Washington Post.
- Comcast in demand. Riddell, Robert // Daily Variety;10/14/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 10, p5
Reports that the on-demand programming of cable operator Comcast Cable Communications Inc. has hit the 1 billion-view mark and is now on track to exceed previous expectations in the U.S.
- `We Don't Have to Care, We're the Cable Company.' Aufderheide, Pat // Progressive;Jan91, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p28
The article considers care and concern abuses within the U.S. cable industry. Cable looks like a luxury compared with broadcast television, but not to the residents of Madelia, Minnesota, a rural community where the only signals that come in clearly come through cable wires, And not to residents...
- Channels No Longer a Premium. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;7/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p40
Discusses study findings on subscriber's interest in lucrative premium subscriptions. Decline in number of premium channel subscribers; Interest of subscribers in various programming genres; Demand of subscribers for more movies; Reason why premium subscription rates have been falling.
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Haugsted, Linda; Gibbons, Kent; Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p34
Presents news briefs related to the cable TV industry as of March 13, 2006. Impact of Hurricane Katrina on the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's national exhibition scheduled in New Orleans, Louisiana; Highlights on the annual Independent Spirt Awards hosted by Independent Film...
- Nickelodeon captures early kids upfront deals. // Advertising Age;2/5/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on U.S.-based cable television network Nickelodeon's deals in the children's upfront market for 1996.
- PUD moves forward on Cable TV. Boone, Rolf // Wenatchee Business Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 18 Issue 11, pA9
Reports that the Public Utility District of Chelan County, Washington has approved plans for a cable television service. Scheduled launch of the service; Service availability; Amount to be invested for satellite and video equipment.
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);9/9/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p8
Presents an update on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2002. Decision of the Federal Communications Commission to initiate its third biennial review; Expectation of pay-per-view executives from the broadcast of the fight between boxers Oscar De La Hoya and Fernando...