2006 NATIONAL SHOW SCHEDULE
- CTAM PREVIEW: SPARKS MAY FLY IN SEATTLE. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p16
Reports on upgrades made by cable television operators to their networks in the U.S. as of July 2003. Amount spent in upgrading the networks; Information on the annual summit of the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing; Message from Char Beales, president of the association.
- On the Circuit. // CableFAX Daily;12/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 249, p3
Announces that the National Cable Television Association has opened National registration at www.thenationalshow.com.
- Recall Retrans. // CableFAX Daily;1/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
This article focuses on a study carried out by the American Cable Association on the economic effects of media consolidation and retransmission consent abuse in the cable television industry. Cost of re-transmitting the programming of cable TV operators is given. The recommendation of the study...
- Wrangling Over Rates. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;5/12/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the battle between cable programmers and operators in May 2003 over subscription price increases. Call of operators and U.S. senators for expensive services to be offered a la carte; Plea of the American Cable Association.
- Random Notes. Maxwell, Paul // CableFAX Daily;3/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p5
Presents news briefs related to the cable television industry as of March 2006. Information on the Cable TV Hall of Fame choices; Details of the Cable TV Pioneer Class of 2006; Information on the National Association of Minorities in Cable breakfast.
- Cable Today a Mix of Pride, Problems. // Television Week;5/3/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p9
Highlights the annual National Show of cable television networks in New Orleans, Louisiana in 2004. Problems being faced by the cable television industry.
- Diversity Week Schedule of Events. // Multichannel News;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p58
This article focuses on "Diversity Week," schedule of events. Some of the events are NAMIC 18th Annual Conference at Times Square, New York on 19th September 2004, 20th September 2004, Pennsylvania Cable Network, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Cable in the Classroom, New York.
- GROUP IMAGINES FUTURE OF MEDIUM. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;1/9/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p18
This article previews the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers conference in Tampa, Florida as of January 2006. The gathering will target that sweet spot between near-term business plans and the futuristic visions of what TV will look like a decade from now. That means the conference...
- DATE BOOK. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 44, p29
Presents information on the schedule of congresses in the cable television broadcasting for the months of November and December 2003. Museum of Television & Radio; Association of National Advertisers; International Radio & Television Society Annual Breakfast.