For Britt, Innovation's Just Like 'Starting Over'
- Britt Sees Enhanced Viewership. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/8/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 40, p3
An interview is presented with Glenn Britt, Chief Executive Officer of Time Warner Cable. Britt describes the company's Enhanced TV product, an expanded video dial tone service for its cable television subscribers. He believes the Internet has created new forms of advertising which will be...
- La. parish seeks cable alternative. Estrella // Multichannel News;10/11/99, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p36
Informs that the Council of Saint John the Parish, Louisiana has voted to bring competition to its local cable market. Negotiation of a possible cable franchise with a local service provider; Competition for Time Warner Cable's area video subscribers.
- Time Warner's 'Diversity Champion' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p24
Interviews Glenn Britt, chairman and CEO of Time Warner Cable Inc. in the U.S. Efforts of Time Warner to advance diversity within the company; Satisfaction with the progress Time Warner has made up concerning diversity within the company; Effort to encourage the launch of services that target...
- Staying Ahead of the Game. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/1/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 48, p16
Interviews Glenn Britt, chairman of Time Warner Cable. Challenges in marketing of new products by cable operators; Assessment of the market for high definition TV; Comments on the plans of acquiring Cablevision Systems.
- Time Warner's VoIP Train. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p91
Highlights the voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) service to be launched by Time Warner Cable in the U.S. market in 2004. States where the service will be deployed; Subscriber fees; Details of how the service will be deployed; Efforts of Time Warner to market its VoIP service.
- Digital death match. Cooper, Jim // Brandweek;6/9/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 23, pSR4
Focuses on the competition among cable companies and satellite services for subscriber dominance in the U.S. Views of the representatives from News Corp. on the future of the business; Forecast on the number of digital cable subscribers in 2003; Background on Time Warner Cable and Charter...
- Execs Stress Sweating the Details on VoIP. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p10
Focuses on the maintenance issues in voice-over-Internet protocol (VoIP) telephony needed to be assessed by cable operators offering the service in the U.S. Number of VoIP customers of Time Warner as of May 2005; Companies offering VoIP service; Effect of the service on security systems.
- First Rochester, Then The Western World. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);7/07/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p22
Presents information on the consumer market profile of Rochester, New York, in line with the decision of cable television company Time Warner Cable to launch its digital cable service. Factors contributing to the selection of Rochester as a test market; Background of the company; Demographic...
- TWC to Launch Speed2 Broadband Net. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p16
The article offers information on soon to be launched broadband channel called, Speed2, by cable television network, Speed Network, in partnership with Time Warner Cable Inc.