U.S. Judge: Kentucky Satellite Tax Fair
- Satellite Companies Target State Taxes. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p34
Focuses on the lawsuits filed by DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. challenging the taxes imposed on direct-broadcast satellite subscribers across the U.S. Overview of the lawsuits filed in Kentucky and Florida; Complaints of the companies against state taxes; Allegations about...
- Marketing muscle. Stern, Christopher // Daily Variety;02/03/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 45, p4
Reports on United States-based satellite television company EchoStar's lawsuit against competitor DirecTV. Case background.
- Battle in the skies. Coleman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;03/16/98, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p64
Focuses on changes made in programming EchoStar Communications and DirecTV company. Indepth look at changes made at EchoStar; National Football League and National Basketball Association programming offered by DirectTV; Cost of cable programs at EchoStar.
- Note–SUPREME COURT DECISIONS IN TAXATION: 1985 TERM. Marecki, Michael F. // Tax Lawyer;Winter87, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p383
Focuses on the United States Supreme Court decision on the Exxon Corp. v. Hunt case. Context of the excise tax lawsuit; Evaluation of the Supreme Court analysis; Role of federal preemption in forbidding double taxation.
- Tivo Wins DVR Patent Lawsuit Against Echostar, Extends Deal With DirecTV. // Satellite Today;4/18/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 72, p1
This article reports on the plan of Tivo Inc. to seek a permanent injunction against Echostar Communications Corp. over the use of digital video recorder technology. Tivo filed the case in U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, and a jury awarded Tivo more than 73 million U.S. dollars...
- EchoStar, Dish Network Win Two Key Court Decisions in Ongoing Lawsuits. Hill, Jeffrey // Satellite News;4/27/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that EchoStar and Dish Network Corp. won favorable judgments in two ongoing federal court cases in the U.S. on April 20, 2011. In one case, U.S. District Court Judge Roger Benitez ordered Jung Kwak founder of Viewtech Inc. to pay 214.9 dollars as his company was involved in...
- Ergen Sues FCC Over SportsNet Gripe. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;2/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by EchoStar Communications Corp. against the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) in the United States. Conflict between EchoStar chairman Charlie Ergen and Comcast Corp. president Brian Roberts; Determination of the legal right of Comcast on the terrestrial...
- U.S. satellite homes top 10M. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/11/99, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the number of digital satellite receiver homes in the United States at the end of the third quarter of 1999. Reports from DirecTV and EchoStar Communications Corp.
- Ahead of the Pack. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/28/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p32B
Focuses on the pace set by direct broadcasting services (DBS) companies in the competitive markets of the U.S. Cable Industry to win subscribers for Latino pay tiers. Growth of the Hispanic satellite subscriptions in the U.S.; Approach to the Hispanic marketplace changed by DBS company DirecTV...