The Pitch Isn't Easy for Independent Nets
- Lifetime woos young women with new `Place' to call home. Simon, Ellis // Electronic Media;11/18/96, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p4
Announces that Lifetime Television Network, New York, will try to target a viewing audience of females 18-34 years-old when it launches `The Place,' a two-hour original block for women. When `The Place' will be aired; Previews of a number of shows aimed at women including `The Dish,' and `The...
- Turner no-show angers ad execs. Ross, Chuck // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p2
Reports failure of Turner Network Television (TNT) representatives to answer accusations regarding back-office traffic procedures in the United States. Basis for accusations of Mediacom against TNT; Impact of the accusation on the pending Time Warner-America Online merger; Decision of committee...
- Webs retuning, refocusing. Zimmerman, Kevin // Variety;12/11/95 Television, Vol. 361 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the branding by the cable television network VH1 of itself as a hip music channel. John Sykes, the network's president, as the man behind said branding approach; Success of the network's campaign in helping drive consumer awareness, yet ratings have yet to increase; Details regarding...
- TNN, the next generation. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/23/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 44, p23
Focuses on the programming of TNN cable television network in the United States. Acquisition of the shows of the World Wrestling Federation; Efforts to bid 'Star Trek: The New Generation'; Viewership received for 'Raw Is War'.
- Patchwork network. // Electronic Media;08/24/98, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p29
Reports on the number of television ratings which the proposed launching of Pax TV television network will receive in the United States. Goals of Pax TV in relation to reaching subscribers; How Pax TV's ratings will be recorded; Number of households amounted for one rating.
- Briefly noted. // Electronic Media;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p28
Reports on developments related to the television broadcasting industry in the United States as of December 20, 1999. Includes National Geographic Channel's plan to launch its operations in the US in the second half of the year 2000; RCN Corp.'s plan to acquire 21st Century Telecom Group.
- CNN horns in on the action. de Moraes, Lisa // Hollywood Reporter;9/29/95, Vol. 339 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the high viewer ratings garnered by Cable News Network (CNN) during the second week of the 1995-96 television season in the United States. Huge public interest in the O.J. Simpson closing statements; Other top performers.
- Showtime faces tough choices. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p1
Reports the programming plans of Showtime cable television network in the United States. Consideration of creating television (TV) series in light of the changing economics of business; Revenue generated by the TV programs 'Hit Squad' and 'Gimme Shelter' for the network; Agreement between...
- Untitled. A.R. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/02/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 28, p4
Reports on developments related to the television broadcasting industry in the United States as of July 2, 2001. Ratings competition between cable television networks Lifetime and USA Networks.
- Trio pushes back 'Salesman' re-airing. Hofler, Robert // Daily Variety;9/19/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 13, p4
Focuses on the postponement of broadcasting 'Death of a Salesman' by Trio cable network in the United States. Reason for the decision; History of television broadcasting of the film; Enumeration of television shows expected on air.