Discovery's Web Efforts Get Big Lift From Google
- Adelphia in VOD, HD Content Deal. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/27/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p56
Presents information on a deal entered by Adelphia with Discovery Communications regarding the provision of video-on-demand and high definition television services in the U.S. Terms of the deal; Significance of the deal to Adelphia; Estimated number of digital cable customers of Adelphia.
- Discovery in VOD deal. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;02/05/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p2
Reports on Discovery Communications' negotiation of a video-on-demand (VOD) deal with distributor iN Demand. Agreement of iN Demand to repackage cable shows for operators to sell as VOD product; Cable network executives' support for VOD to help cable operators get more digital cable boxes in...
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;3/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 53, p2
Provides information on the development of a subscription video-on-demand educational offering from Discovery. Significance of the offering to the creation of a whole-home solution for families; Availability of the program on cable television.
- Discovery Networks Varies Its Menu of VOD Content. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p9
The article reports that Discovery Networks' move to increase short-form content has resulted to the increase in video-on-demand (VOD) usage in the U.S. In September 2007, VOD usage across all of the programmer's networks more than doubled, growing 101% as compared in September 2006. Significant...
- Is Google Cable's Next Nightmare? NO. Strassmann, Paul // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p20
Speculates on Google's future plans that will impact the cable television business in the U.S. Overview of news coverage over Google's expansion plans; Overview of Google's capabilities in Internet searching; Efforts of the company to develop new services.
- Comcast's On-Demand Discovery. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/21/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p8
Reports on the agreement between Discovery Networks and Comcast Corp. wherein Discovery will supply the MSO with programs from its various networks. List of networks of Discovery; Benefits of Discovery programming to Comcast; Importance of the VOD products of Comcast to cable networks.
- Healthy Change:. // CableFAX Daily;7/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 138, p2
The article presents information on the Discovery Health Media Ent, a new integrated multi-platform business which was formed by Discovery. Discovery Health, FitTV, and Discovery Health On-Call, a new standalone video on demand service, are included in the new unit. On-Call will include video...
- Google's Cable Solution. Applebaum, Simon // CableFAX Daily;12/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 236, p1
The article focuses on the talks between Jonathan Rosenberg, vice president of product management at Google, and multisystem operators about video-on-demand/interactive TV/video search ventures. Rosenberg made a statement about forming very complementary relationships with distribution partners,...
- Say bye-bye to your Blockbuster. Swann, Phillip // Electronic Media;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the impact of video-on-demand (VOD) service offered by cable television networks on the video retail business. Advantages of the service to viewers; Expectations of the cable television officials from the VOD service; Shortcomings of the service; Challenges faced by video retail...