Verizon Wins Franchise in Major New York Market
- Capitol Expenses. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;6/5/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 23, p30
Discusses issues concerning video-franchise reform in the U.S. in 2006. Debate between telephone companies and cable television over the streamlining the video-franchising process; Telephone firms that are lobbying for a national video-franchising scheme to short-circuit local franchise...
- Franchise War in Texas. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/2/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p44
Discusses the dispute over the cable franchising bill for telecommunication companies in Texas in 2005. Remarks from Kathy Grant, vice president of government relations for the Texas Cable Telecommunications Association, on the bill; Reaction of telephone companies on the reform of the policy;...
- Verizon TV finds mostly static in NY. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;7/16/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on efforts by telecom giant Verizon Communications Inc. to secure rights to offer cable television service to residents of Yonkers, New York in 2007. The company's application promises to boost its efforts to secure a cable television franchise in New York State if approved...
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;3/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p2
Reports on the granting by three Delaware cities/towns of cable franchises to Verizon.
- Verizon To Launch Second Video System. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;11/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 50, p34
Reports that telecommunication video provider Verizon is launching its second video system in Herndon, Virginia. Franchise agreement the company has signed with Fairfax County, Virginia; Efforts of the company to secure cable franchises in other Virginia municipalities.
- Bells Eye D.C. After Texas Loss. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/6/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the move of SBC Communications Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc. to propose the elimination of local franchise requirements for telecommunication companies to the U.S. Congress and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Outcome of the efforts of SBC and Verizon to lobby for...
- Competition:. // CableFAX Daily;6/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 127, p2
Reports on the Verizon FiOS cable franchise granted to Hatfield, Pennsylvania, which makes the borough the first member of a consortium of communities in Montgomery County, Maryland to be granted a cable franchise. Agreement of the consortium's steering committee with Verizon on the terms of a...
- IHS: AT&T's U-verse making steady gains. // CED;May2012, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p10
The article offers information regarding steady growth of the cable network company AT&T Inc. including a compared statistical analysis of its users worldwide with its competitor Verizon Communications Inc.
- Verizon Gets Fla. Franchise. Haugstead, Linda // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p12
Reports that Verizon Communications Inc. has negotiated its sixth competitive cable franchise with the city of Temple Terrace, Florida. Terms of the deal; Information on the programming agreements made by Verizon; Information on other franchise of Verizon.