2005 In Review
- Stocks Open Higher On Jobs Data; Mylan, Salix, Mobileye Climb. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;10/3/2014, p00
Stocks got off to a healthy start Friday, after a solid job market in September sent the unemployment rate below 6% for the first time since 2008.
- WEEKLY COMMENT ON PUERTO RICO STOCKS. L.A.R. // Caribbean Business;4/15/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p12
Comments on the performance of Puerto Rico stocks during the week ended April 8, 2004. Dow Jones Industrial Average; Nasdaq Composite Index; Standard & Poor's 500 Index; Concern of investors about terrorism and fighting in Iraq.
- WEEKLY COMMENT ON PUERTO RICO STOCKS. González Hinds, Maniel // Caribbean Business;6/16/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p12
Comments on the performance of Puerto Rico stocks for the week leading to June 10, 2005. Increase over the previous week indicated by the Puerto Rico Stock Index; Strongest gain by the PRSI compared with the major indexes in the United States; Figures for the Dow Jones Industrial, Standard &...
- Main Indexes Reverse Higher. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/3/2015, pA01
1 The market erased losses and closed near session highs as it found support near recent lows. The S&P 500 rose 1.3% on rebounding energy and financials. The Nasdaq rose 0.9%. Volume fell. Winners topped losers nearly 3-to-1 on the NYSE and 12-to-7 on the Nasdaq. The euro recovered some. The...
- September to test rally's staying power. // Dow Theory Forecasts;9/11/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 37, p3
The article discusses the near-term hurdles that the stock market faces in September 2006. The Dow Industrials is within 2.5% of its May high of 11,642.65 while the Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 Index is within 2% of the May high of 1325.76. September is shown to be the worst performing month for...
- Stock Smarts. Weiss, Richard A. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/11/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p24
The article reports on the market performance of stocks in Nevada. The Standard & Poor's 500 index reached a new record at 1536. This comes with the fact that the economic growth rate in the state was at 0.6% during the first quarter of 2007. Both the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard &...
- Stock Indexes Post Big Gains. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/ 5/2014, pA01
1 The blue-chip Dow ran the table as all 30 stocks gained. The Nasdaq rose 1.7%, the S&P 500 1.5% and the Dow 1.4%. Higher volume across the board pointed to institutional buying. Russian leader Vladimir Putin said force was a "last resort" in Ukraine, lessening worries. The 10-year Treasury...
- Boeing Lifts Dow; Nasdaq Gets Apple Boost. NANCY GONDO // Investors Business Daily;2/20/2015, p00
The article reports on the increase of the Dow Jones industrial average, the Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 Index, and the Nasdaq in February 2015 and includes information on the stocks of aerospace company Boeing Co., pharmaceutical firm Actavis PLC, and consumer electronics firm Apple Inc.
- Stocks Hold Gains, But Investors Underwhelmed With Tesla. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;5/1/2015, p00
The article reports on the increase of the Nasdaq, the Dow Jones industrial average, and the Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 Index as of May 1, 2015 and includes information on the stocks of automobile maker Tesla Motors, web resource firm LinkedIn Corp., and online travel booking site Expedia Inc.