Putting the VoIP Fire Out
- Network security is the key to keeping VoIP networks secure. Greene, Tim // Network World;2/20/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p8
The article focuses on the significance of network security as the key in keeping Internet telephony (VoIP) networks secure. The analysis of IP voice components is key to keeping VoIP networks secure. Significantly, customers need to check the management platforms of IP voice gear. Moreover,...
- VoIP, common sense and security. Taylor, Steven // Network World;7/15/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p33
Comments on the security of voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) networks as of July 2002. Reasons for delaying the implementation of VoIP; Information on denial-of-service attacks against VoIP implementation; Insights on VoIP.
- Assessing Skype's network impact. Mier, Edwin; Mier, David; Mosco, Anthony // Network World;12/12/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p1
The article reports that Skype, a VoIP services, will not create a security problem for computer networks. This was the finding after testing multiple versions of Skype in an independent test laboratory. The VoIP service can work through virtually any network address translation-based firewall....
- VoIP Digital Evidence Forensics Standard Operating Procedure. I-Long Lin; Yun-Sheng Yen // International Journal of Research & Reviews in Computer Science;Jan2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p173
Research, Development and Evaluation Commission once hold an Internet election of "Top Ten Complaints", the result showed that the overabundance of phone and Internet fraud was included. This result represents that the phone and Internet fraud trouble people a lot. Thus, this paper will first...
- It's Your Call. Roiter, Neil // Information Security;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p53
This article focuses on the security concerns regarding the popularity of Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. The benefits and advantages of IP telephony are discussed, including ease of deployment. It describes various forms of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)-based attacks. Tips for...
- SECURITY Hang-ups. Stutzman, Jeff // Information Security;Oct2005, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p42
Discusses the implementation challenges of voice over Internet protocol (VoIP). Faults of Internet Protocol Telephony networks; Occurrence of security static caused by remote users; Authentication and authorization failure of VoIP. INSET: MAKING THE CALL FOR VOIP.
- Protect your voice network. Risley, Chris // Communications News;May2005, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p32
This article discusses issues on securing voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) networks. As VoIP proliferates in large, high-profile businesses, hackers will find ways to exploit the weaknesses they already know to disrupt voice service. As network convergence moves forward, separating data,...
- Giving Threats a Voice. McAlearney, Shawna // Information Security;Aug2005, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p16
Offers tips for deploying security systems to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) networks. Importance of identifying inherent flaws in the Session Initiation Protocol that can lead to attacks and malicious code execution; Methodologies used for Internet Protocol security; Characteristics of...
- Stolen voices. Porter, John // ITNOW;Mar2005, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p11
Discusses challenges in securing voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) networks. Advantages of VoIP technology for companies; Security risks posed by VoIP; Importance of the firewall and the proper traversal of the network address translation device in VoIP security. INSET: in a nutshell.