Booth Buzz: Bullet Resistant, IT Insistent
- Chapter 13: Work Coordination. // Facility Management Handbook;1998, p185
Chapter 13 of the book "The Facility Management Handbook Second Edition" is presented. It highlights the work reception and coordination center (WRC) which considered as the eyes and ears of the facility department that provides the full complement of services. It discusses that managing the WRC...
- Great Security. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2005, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p18
Looks into the integrated facility management system implemented by the government of the state of Michigan. Installation of security and technology solutions; Optimization of operational efficiencies with integrated systems; Establishment of advanced technologies for the state's overall...
- Long Beach Builds Security Hub. // Logistics Today;May2007, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the development surrounding the $20 million Security Command and Control Center of Long Beach, California. The security center will house its security personnel and regional agencies. The building will include emergency management facilities that include a Department...
- INDUSTRY CALENDAR. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2009, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p113
A calendar of events related to security management in the U.S. on November 10, 2009 to February 10, 2010 is presented which includes an event focusing on securing new ground, "The Security 500" conference and the event titled "SecurityXchange."
- Security of Transportation Terminals: Emerging Issues. Rincon, Carlos; Guerra-Cavazos, Bobbie Marie // FDCC Quarterly;Spring2005, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p343
Addresses security issues confronting transportation terminals in the U.S. Legal standards; Overview of governmental regulations and initiatives of the transportation industry; Facts of the case Mendoza v. Contico.
- Creating a Learning Environment: A Win-Win Approach. Scott, Gail // Journal of Healthcare Management;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p361
Focuses on the creation of learning environment. Development of service skills for customer interactions; Facilitation of skill-building exercises to focus learning; Implementation of feedback as coaching method.
- Computerized facilities design and management. Sly, Dave // IIE Solutions;Aug95, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p43
Presents an overview of computerized tools used in industrial facilities planning. Office, process and industrial facilities applications; Categories of industrial facilities applications; Fundamental categories of industrial facilities software; Drafting tools; Asset management; Space...
- Forty per cent of FMs 'dissatisfied with suppliers'. // FM World;6/5/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p06
The article discusses the result of the FM Buyer Behaviour Survey conducted by consultancy Business Services Growth which found that 40 percent of facilities management companies are dissatisfied with their current suppliers.
- STEP 2- GAP ANALYSIS. // Integrated Physical Security Handbook (Government Training Inc.);2006, p29
The article discusses the second step needed to identify critical assets, treat and targets and the appropriate measures to implement an effective integrated physical security measures. The goal of this phase is to identify the gaps between the model facility and the current situation. It...