The Many Benefits of Certification
- Coming home to continence. Rigby, Malcolm // Nursing Standard;3/22/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p30
The article reflects the advantages and disadvantages in living with a continence adviser. The author emphasizes that living with a continence adviser poses some limitations in one's actions. For instance, in asking question related to work at a dinner table. He also asserts that special nurses...
- Your Employability. Price, Jason // Personal Excellence Essentials;Jun2009, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p4
The article presents suggestions on how an individual can improve his or her employability during a recession. It advises an employee to stand out in his or her company because people look for leadership in difficult times. One is also encouraged to enhance his or her specific expertise and...
- Introduction to the Special Section. Richmond, Lee J.; Pope, Mark // Career Development Quarterly;Mar2008, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p195
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Mark Savickas on David Valentine Tiedeman's career construction and another by David Jepsen on the logical and personal argument for career development.
- Editorial. Carneiro, Jorge // BAR - Brazilian Administration Review;Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including concept and challenges of managing parallel careers, knowledge and knowing processes and antecedents of organizational capabilities.
- We should shout about our professional development. Foulkes, Richard // Conference & Incentive Travel;May2014, p11
The article focuses on the significance of professional development to prove knowledge and maintain the right for continued working, along with information on three globally recognised certifications post-training for meeting and event professionals including Certified Meeting Professional (CMP).
- NURSE CLINICIAN CERTIFICATION. // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Sep2004, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p29
Reports on the invitation for nurses to apply for certification as nurse clinician. Focus of the credentialing process on expertise within an area of practice; Criteria for nurse clinician; Cost of the application.
- Career mentor. Redfern, Jane // Nursing Standard;5/19/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p96
Focuses on key aspects of career development for nurses in Great Britain. Professional guidance; Goal development; Work habits; Career aspirations; Development of skills and abilities.
- Oncology Certification: What Is in It for You? Leak, Ashley; Spruill, Angela // Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing;Oct2008, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p703
The article explains the benefits of certification and solutions to potential barriers to obtaining certification for oncology nurses who are contemplating certification. According to the article, certification is a voluntary personal and professional accomplishment recognized by patients, their...
- How Do You Plan to Spend Your Summer? // NSTA Express;7/1/2013, p2
The article suggests educators to expand their content knowledge, hone their skills or explore topic and reflect on their summer professional development experiences during the summer break.