TITLE

Deal Gives CONTECH Big Bucks To Targets Further Growth

PUB. DATE
February 2006
SOURCE
ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/13/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 6, p17
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article informs that West Chester, Ohio-based Contech gets a new owner, Apax Partners Worldwide LLP, after passing up some tempting acquisition possibilities due to the capital restraints of its former owner. The company found one in Apax, which purchased a 75% majority interest in the firm for $1 billion. Contech management bought the remaining 25% and agreed to continue running the firm. The firm will continue to concentrate on providing civil engineering site solution services to contractors and engineering companies.
ACCESSION #
20422799

 

Related Articles

  • Activant Solutions and Epicor purchased by same private-equity firm.  // Electrical Wholesaling;May2011, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p6 

    The article reports that New York-based global private-equity firm Apax Partners LLP has purchased Epicor Software Corp. and Activant Solutions Inc. for a combined sum of approximately 2 billion dollars on April 4, 2011.

  • Three groups lining up to bid for GVT.  // Latin America Telecom;Jan2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6 

    The article informs that private-equity firms including KKR & Co. LP and Apax Partners LLP are to team up to bid against broadcast satellite service provider DirecTV Inc. to acquire telecommunications company Global Village Telecom SA from Vivendi SA.

  • Wound care firm KCI agrees to be bought for $6.3 billion. O'Connor, John // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Aug2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p29 

    The article reports that Kinetic Concepts Inc. (KCI) has agreed to be acquired by a consortium assembled by Apax Partners LLP for about 6.3 billion dollars.

  • Apax terminates bid for Mannesmann.  // European Rubber Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 183 Issue 11, p11 

    Reports on the withdrawal by Apax Partners & Co. of its bid to acquire Mannesmann Plastics Machinery (MPM) AG from Siemens AG as of November 1, 2001. Provision of the contract about the acquisition which was terminated by a mutual agreement of two companies; Reduction in the earnings forecast...

  • Apax Partners Buys PE-Backed Answers.com. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/18/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p9 

    The article reports on the acquisition by private equity firm Apax Partners of answer-based search services provider Answers Corp. in 2014.

  • MPM may go public. Bregar, Bill // Urethanes Technology;Aug/Sep2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p11 

    Reports on the acquisition of Mannesmann Plastics Machinery AG (MPM) by Apax Partners & Co. Details on the acquisition; Companies owned by MPM; Estimated value of the acquisition; Estimated value of the portfolio managed by Apax.

  • Hit will hit deadline on takeover decision. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;4/7/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 4, p12 

    Reports that London, England-based Hit Entertainment PLC has given stockholders to decide on the proposed takeover by equity group Apax Partners and Co. Takeover offer; Other bids offered to the company.

  • Apax Gains Weight-Loss Program in Ideal Protein. Diakantonis, Demitri // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/25/2015, p1 

    The investment follows similar deals in the sector including the recent purchase of VSI

  • Apax in PRC Restaurant Play. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/1/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p2 

    This article reports on the acquisition of Chinese restaurant chain Golden Jaguar Group by private equity group Apax Partners in 2011.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics