Analysts: Dolans Moving Toward Buyback
- Business/Finance. // CableFAX Daily;3/7/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p3
Presents news briefs concerning the cable television industry as of March 2006. Authorization received by Cablevision from its board to implement a special dividend payable pro rata to shareholders; Decision of Moody's to downgrade Time Warner's ratings.
- New business systems in New York. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/93, Vol. 123 Issue 50, p10
Reports on the New York City Department of Telecommunications and Energy's awarding of permission to Time Warner and Cablevision Systems Corp. to operate business telephone systems in the city. Other competing services in the market.
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's New York Business;1/16/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p0003
A correction to the article "Dolan's Cablevision, Unplugged" in the January 9, 2012 issue is presented which discusses subscribers of Time Warner Cable and Cablevision that overlaps.
- Dolans: If At First You Don't Succeed. MacFadyen, Ken // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/16/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 39, p8
The article reports on the effort of well-known business family, the Dolans, in managing cable company Cablevision. The Dolan family has made previous passes to take the company private. They have made a controversial bid of $21 a share that would have separated the cable business from company's...
- Cablevision's Private Plan. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;6/27/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p6
Focuses on the proposal presented by the Dolan family to the board of directors of Cablevision Systems Corp. that would take the company private and spin off a public company comprised of its entertainment assets. Components of the company's entertainment assets; Terms of the proposed deal;...
- Over the rainbow. Powderly, II, Henry E. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/29/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p42A
The article reports that the shareholders of Cablevision Systems Corp. have not approved the privatization of the company. The company is owned by the Dolan family, which is planning to sell its Rainbow Media division that operates several cable television networks, to the highest bidder. It has...
- Dolans Mull Asset Sales. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p8
The article reports that the Dolan family might be willing to sell assets or shut down money-losing businesses to finance the privatization of the New York-based cable operator, Cablevision Systems. According to the author, the disclosure came in a proxy statement that set a date for...
- TWC in the black, will pay dividend. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;1/29/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the plan of Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) to start paying 40 cents share of dividend to shareholders following its exceeding fourth-quarter profit in 2009.
- No N.Y. Cable Combo, Says TW's Rosenblum. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p8
Reports that Time Warner's New York City president, Barry Rosenblum has declared that their is no chance of alliance between Time Warner Cable and Cablevision Systems Corp. Declaration of his system's high-definition subscriber count in a public forum; Opinion on relation between cable...