TURNER PROGRAMMING LANDS ON FOUR SERVICES
- CONNECTED TELEVISION TAKES OFF IN 2011. // Televisual;Jan2011, p5
The article reports on various televisions (TV) services that will allow viewers to go way beyond linear televisions through broadband connections including YouView, Google TV and Apple TV.
- TECH BRIEFS. // Electronic Media;11/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p7
Presents newsbriefs related to digital media in the U.S. as of November 2002. Scheduled launch of the Internet-based movie rental service Movielink; Increase in customer spendings on digital cable and Internet services provided by cable companies.
- Digital networks find their audiences. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p12
Reports on performance of various digital cable networks in the U.S. market. Strategies adopted by MuchMusic USA to retain its customers; Performance of Lifetime Movie Network since 1998; Need for investment in marketing, promotion and original programming for digital networks expressed by...
- Let the tiers flow. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p16
Focuses on the digital cable tier package offered by cable operators in the United States. Motives of cable operators for introducing digital cable tiers; Projection on the number of cable customers to equipped digitally by Comcast by year 2001; Details on the programming tiers offered by AT&T...
- Wanted: Exec as 'Digital Superhero' Leddy, Craig // Multichannel News;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p44
Reports on the integration of digital media businesses into cable operators and programming companies' organizational structures. Mapping of plans for digital cable networks, Web sites and broadband ventures; Creation of organizational charts.
- Troubling questions about cable's future. Lafferty // CED;Aug99, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on the concerns of cable television industry players regarding the future of the broadband industry. Rebuilding of systems as a top priority; Deployment of cable modems; Support for television-based Internet services; Immediate competitive threat to the system.
- TOP 100 MSOS. // CED;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 28, p22A
Presents lists of top 100 cable operators. Consolidation in the cable industry; List of firms; Number of homes served.
- ITV MIDDLEWARE REPORT CARD. // CED;Dec2002 Supplement, Vol. 28, p30A
Presents lists of cable television networks product platforms. List of companies; Major application development platform; Operator partners.
- Cable Connections. Rothman, Warren H.; Barker, Jonathan P. // China Business Review;May/Jun99, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p20
Reports that the development of broadband technologies has called into question in China the traditional boundaries that separate voice, video and data transmission services. Estimated total value of China's cable television (CATV) equipment market between 1998 and 2002; Focal points of the...