A&E Has Eye on HDTV
- The High Def evolution is ready to walk upright. Kerschbaumer, Ken // TVB Europe;Sep2003, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the evolution of high definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. and Europe. Launch of HDTV services among the cable networks; Introduction of HD tier by DirecTV; Improvement of the prime time programming.
- HDTV. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p9A
Presents a chart listing prominent U.S. national High Definition Television programming to be shown as of August 4, 2003 from cable's major High definition programmers, including Discovery, ESPN, Home Box Office, Showtime and HDNET. List of prime time and premiere programming offered by cable...
- HDTV IN DECEMBER. // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p42
Presents the list of prominent national high-definition (HD) television programming for December 2004, from cable's major HD programmers, including primetime and premiere fare, plus live events.
- What's on HDTV. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Nov2005, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p82
This section presents a list of prime time high definition television programs of various broadcasting networks in the U.S. for the week ending November 13, 2005
- Sly Fox Changes Stripes. Antonoff, Michael; Fenton, Brian C. // Sound & Vision;Oct2004, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on the disdain of Fox television network for high-definition television (HDTV). Market of the network's 480 progressive-scan Fox Widescreen format as high resolution; Prime-time television programs and series to premier in HDTV in the network.
- Fox Says Yes to High-Def. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/30/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 26, p14
The Fox Network plans to offer 50% of its prime time programming in high definition (HD) television once it builds out its network operations to handle 720p. That's expected to be completed around January 1, 2004. A lack of viewers coupled with the high cost of outfitting stations for...
- Zenith, Sears Sponsor ABC HD Telecasts. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/13/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the decision of Zenith and Sears to sponsor high definition television (HDTV) telecasts in ABC Television Network's 2003-2004 primetime programming season. Statement issued by ABC Network President Alex Wallau; Popularity of HDTV; Number of primetime programs included in the HDTV...
- Suddenly, the Race Is on for HD Channels. Hibberd, James // Television Week;1/15/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the growing competition among major cable networks for high-definition (HD) channels in 2007. After years of trouncing DirecTV's meager HD lineup, rivals EchoStar and cable operators will be forced to add considerable HD capacity to stay competitive. Fox Cable's Speed...
- DirecTV To Add HD Channels From 14 Markets. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/8/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the decision of DirecTV to add local high definition (HD) programming from 14 additional markets later in 2006. This will bring the company's local HD market total to 50 major metropolitan areas, representing 65 percent of all U.S. TV households. Primetime programming and...