LIFE IN THE Almost-Fast Lane
- Boom and Gloom at News Channels. Breznick, Alan // Broadcasting & Cable;11/22/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 47, p26
Reports on the market status of cable television news channels in the U.S., as of November 2004. Success of local cable news channels in attracting viewers and advertisers; Reasons for the poor performance of some local cable news operations; Factors affecting performance of national and local...
- Following the sun. McConville, James A. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/8/95, Vol. 125 Issue 19, p46
Reports on the launching of all-news cable television channels in Florida, Arizona and the Pacific Northwest. Florida News Channel; Arizona News Channel and the Northwest Cable News Channel from King Communications; News 12 Long Island's plan to launch additional regional news channels;...
- News makers. Thorpe, Helen // Texas Monthly;Jan99, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p44
Presents information plans for a cable news channel in Texas. Construction of a warehouse from the Texas Cable News network; Reason Texas Cable decide to offer the news channel; Information on The Dallas Morning News.
- BRIEFLY NOTED. // Electronic Media;10/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p4
Presents news briefs related to the cable network industry in the U.S. Agreement amongst the cable operators to provide more details of industry operating metrics; Rise in ratings of the all-news networks due to the Washington sniper case; Introduction of culinary shows on Food Network;...
- This just in: News a ratings-grabber. Karpinski, Amy // Variety;04/27/98, Vol. 370 Issue 11, p54
Focuses on cable television news in the United States. Why most of the major television networks have launched cable news channels of their own; Television networks that have launched cable news channels; Offerings of cable news networks.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);4/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p44
Presents news briefs on the U.S. cable industry as of April 7, 2003. Ratings of Fox News Channel in March 2003; Plan of Food Network to increase programming spending in 2003; Features of programming being developed by MTV.
- Tick. . .tick. . .tick. . .AP. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;7/8/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 28, p21
Reports the offering of tickers by the Associated Press (AP) for Cable News Network. Preference of the stations for automate, flexible solution in displaying headlines Remarks; Selection from broad category of items; Details on the transfer of tickers.
- The high cost of coverage. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;12/21/98, Vol. 128 Issue 52, p13
Cites the reasons for the high cost of cable television network coverage in the United States. List of some events that contributed to the high cost of coverage; Strategies of cable television networks in coping with the high cost; Comments from Al Ortiz, executive producer of `The CBS Evening...
- Everything old is news again. Gay, Verne // Brandweek;3/17/97, Vol. 38 Issue 11, Adweek p8
Analyzes the competitive prowess of cable-news programs against CNN. Questions on the attractive merits of old news; Self-referentiality of news programs; Focus on MSNBC; Fox News Channel.