Voice of Security: Tight Makes Right
- Ops warned to guard computer systems. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;02/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p16
Urges cable television operators in the United States to pay more attention to securing vital computer systems. Concerns over hacker attacks, such as one that crashed the Cable News Network's Web site; Deployment of high-tech products that run service failure risks; Percentage of US companies...
- Back on Track In Home of the Derby. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p44
Focuses on the cable television system of Insight Communications in Louisville, Kentucky. Percentage of Louisville residents that watch NASCAR racing; Geographic concentration of Insight's customers; Top executives of Insight. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- Insight cabler going private. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;3/8/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 50, p6
Reports on the privatization of cable television company Insight Communications Inc. in the U.S. Reason behind the privatization; Benefits of privatization for the company; Prediction of financial analysts on the impact of privatization on the industry.
- Interactive Channel gets Insight. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;08/03/98, Vol. 128 Issue 32, p64
Focuses on the deal of Interactive Channel (IC) with Insight Communications. How the service of IC will be marketed; Review of the distribution systems of IC; Marketing approach of IC.
- Insight becomes latest to inhale oxygen. Moss // Multichannel News;10/18/99, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p26
Reports that cable television network Oxygen has arranged a carriage deal with cable operator Insight Communications Co. Details of the carriage agreement; Network's carriage deals with other cable television operators.
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p5
Presents updates on cable television industry in the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Resignation of Kim Kelly at Insight Communications; Findings of a survey of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) subscription; Information on a promotion of TBS cable network for its television coverage of college...
- Web extras. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p33
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication industry in the U.S. The cable industry is being challenged of delivering video over Internet Protocol (IP) networking. Hitachi will sponsor a webinar that will demonstrate the deployment of fiber access technologies that in demand and...
- IPTV. Wireless and Cable. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;May2009, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p6
The article presents the author's insight on the standard deficiency in the Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) hype cycle as well as cable industry. It presents the view of a technical leader from Thomson Broadband R&D which states that there is no standardized solution available for an...
- Small Ops Should Migrate to IP - Today. // Multichannel News;11/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p35
In this article the author enlists several benefits that small cable operators could attain by turning to Internet protocol television (IPTV).