MTV2 Takes Animated Aim at Adult Swim
- Cartoon makes a run for it. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on plans for the original animated programming of Cartoon Network. Launch of `Sheep in the Big City,' a prime-time animated series and `Centipede,' a computer generated action-adventure series; Purpose for the launching of animated series; Viewership rating of the company in 1999; Debut...
- Cartoon Network adding 10 series. Levin, Gary // Variety;12/01/97, Vol. 369 Issue 4, p43
Reports on the Cartoon Network's addition of two new animated series and eight more from the Warner Brothers library as it steps up a challenge for children's video viewers. Debut of `Ed, Edd'n Eddy' and `The Powerpuff Girls' in fall 1998; Deal with John Kricfalusi to produce a half-hour...
- TNN GETS IN TOON WITH ADULT AUDS. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/17/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 34, p19
Reports on the inclination of the The National Network toward adult-oriented animation. Order placed on 'Gary the Rat' featuring the voice of actor Kelsey Grammer; Purchase of reruns of 'The Ren & Stimpy Show' by The National Network; Titles of animated series in development for the primetime...
- 'Butt Ugly' jumps from syndie to Nickelodeon. Pursell, Chris // Electronic Media;9/3/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p3
Reports the transfer of cartoon series 'Butt Ugly Martians' from syndicated series to cable television Nickelodeon in the United States. Target audience of the series; Description of the story; Comparison of the series to several identified cartoon flicks.
- MTV Adds Two Animated Shows. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/21/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p24
Introduces animated shows at the Music Television. Cost in making the show; Development of animated projects; Theme of the animated shows.
- Nick renews 'Fairly,' 'Dora' Bernstein, Paola // Daily Variety;11/8/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 49, p5
Reports the renewal of the animated series 'The Fairly OddParents' and 'Dora the Explorer' by Nickelodeon Network.
- Cartoon Net sings for `Looney Tunes'. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;03/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p28
Reports the addition of primetime animated series to the television programming of the Cartoon Network in the United States. Debut of four original half-hour shows; Context of a 52-hour marathon stunt and a viewer voting event `Voice Your Choice'; Exclusive feature of the Looney Tunes library;...
- Cartoon balloons. McAdams // Broadcasting & Cable;10/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 41, p36
Reports on the rise of the national ratings of Cartoon Network in the third quarter of 1999. Success of original cartoon program `Johnny Bravo'; Nickleodeon's domination of cable television's top 25 animated programs; Popularity of Cartoon Network's programs to pre-school audience.
- Cartoon Net Goes Bonkers with Promos. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;07/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p15
Focuses on the promotion of animated television shows from Cartoon Network scheduled for the summer of 2000. Giveaways and collectibles for the program `Powerpuff Girls'; Food-related promotion of the network together with advertising sponsors.