MTVN Phones In Mobile Content
- Nick's not kidding around with '04 slate. Dei, Lily // Daily Variety;6/26/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 57, p4
Discusses the development of television programs for children by cable television network, Nickelodeon. Number of projects; Focus on issues facing children; Practice of the network to broadcast diverse programs.
- New VH1 Team Looking for a Fresh Approach. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);8/5/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p40
Discusses the changes in programming and marketing at VH1 cable television (TV) network. Rate of decline in ratings in the first quarter of 2002; List of TV shows it will launch; Efforts to intensify the marketing of the network.
- Suite music. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/22/99, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p19
Focuses on the launching of The Suite, a series of cable channels from MTV Networks company. Difficulties faced by MTV Networks for the launching of Nickelodeon and Gen X-magnet MTV; Goals of the company for the project; Comments from Mark Rosenthal, president of the company.
- Cable Waking Up In Late-Night Arena. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p66
Focuses on the introduction of basic programming by cable networks to attract viewers for the late night programs. Talk show introduced by Music Television (MTV) known as The New Tom Green Show; Plans of MTV to hire young men to play as anchors in the talk show; Features of the talk show.
- Classic FM in talks with Performance for television entry. // Marketing (00253650);3/1/2001, p8
Reports that Classic FM is in discussion with cable television station Performance, about its planned move into television. Aims of launching a television show by the end on 2001; Performance and audience share of the radio station.
- Internet, Videogames Spur New Nick Shows. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/13/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p39
Reports on several children's television programs launched by Nickelodeon that are spinoff from Internet and video games. Release of the computer-generated imagery action adventure series "Tak and The Power of JuJu"; Completion of the deals of Nickelodeon with its key partners.
- Nickelodeon's new toon channel makes grab for the four-to-nines. // Televisual;Jul2002, p5
Reports on the launch of the animated television program 'Nick Toons,' by British cable television network Nickelodeon in 2002. Objective of the television program; Plan of the management to make the program interactive.
- The Long National Nightmare of Cable TV Is Over. Garber, Megan // Atlantic;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 316 Issue 1, p88
The article discusses the decline of cable television networks in the U.S. and the rise of streaming media services such as Netflix and Hulu, with a particular focus on their effects on the quality of television shows.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/5/94, Vol. 124 Issue 36, p19
Rates the cable television shows in the United States, according to Nielsen, for the week of August 22-28, 1994. ABC; CBS; NBC; Fox.