Comcast Sues Oakland Over Union Law
- The Town Took So Long To Fix Broken Curb, The Homeowner, Who Reported It, Forgot, And Tripped. // Insurance Advocate;9/30/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 37, p14
Presents the case Berner v. Town of Huntington over a dispute on a defective curb adjacent to the house of the plaintiff in New York. Background of the case; Actions taken by the court; Significance of the court's decision.
- Class Certification's predominance Standard Alive and Well. Denny, Robert T. // Litigation News;Winter2014, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p23
The article discusses the U.S. court cases Comcast Corporation vs. Behrend and Glazer vs. Whirlpool Corp.on the classification standard Rule 23(b) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. It states the class action lawsuit against home appliances company Whirlpool Corp. on the defects in washing...
- Cities Anxious Over Comcast's San Jose Suit. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);9/15/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p8
Reports on the legal dispute between Comcast Corp. and the city of San Jose, California over cable television franchises. Reasons for the lawsuit filed by Comcast against the city of San Jose; Impact on community media; Implications for the balance of power between operators and local franchise...
- STARZ LINED UP. Farrell, Mike; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the out-of-court settlement of a lawsuit filed by Comcast Corp. against Liberty Media Corp. over the distribution terms Starz Encore had originally had in its deal with AT&T Broadband, which was acquired by Comcast in 2002. Terms of the settlement deal; Benefits of the settlement to...
- FCC BACKS NFL PLAY. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;10/14/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which favored the National Football League's (NFL) discrimination complaint against Comcast Corp. FCC states that the claim of NFL about the Comcast's placement of the NFL Network on a premium tier was...
- You be the Judge. Jones, Bruce M. // Saturday Evening Post;2/22/1958, Vol. 230 Issue 34, p93
Focuses on a court decision on a case filed against a man who was allegedly violated a city ordinance against associating with reputed thieves and law offenders.
- Finance Firms Sue to Block LA Predator Law . Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;2/4/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 23, p20
Reports that American Financial Services Association filed a lawsuit to block the approval of Los Angeles' predatory lending ordinance. Allegations of the association against the ordinance.
- Review of Recent California Decisions on Municipal Law. Graybiel, Lloyd E. // California Law Review;Jan1923, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p73
Presents a review of California cases on municipal law as of January 1923. Facts of the cases; Analysis of the court decisions; Significance for students and readers of municipal law.
- Indiana city rejects amendments. // Windy City Times;9/9/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p8
This article reports on the rejection by the city council of Goshen, Indiana of an amendment to its civil-rights ordinance that aims to add sexual orientation and gender identity.