SEX RESEARCH UPDATE
- Viagra abuse seen among San Francisco gay party scene. // Contemporary Sexuality;Nov2001, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p8
Gay men are using Viagra in ways that may foster spread of HIV, health experts worry. But gay advocates counter that focusing on their community's recreational use of Viagra smacks of prejudice when straight men routinely do the same and receive no such scrutiny. Used casually in combination...
- Hard times with Viagra. Tkaczyk, Christopher // Advocate;4/29/2003, Issue 888, p20
Presents an interview with Jeff Klausner, San Francisco, California's director of sexually transmitted diseases (STD) prevention, Jeff Klausner, on the direct link between gay men's use of Viagra and the infection rates for STD. The frequency of erectile dysfunction isn't any greater in gay men,...
- No hard evidence. // Echo Magazine;9/1/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p56
Reports on the theory of Jeffrey Klausner, director of sexually transmitted disease (STD) prevention and control for the San Francisco, California Department of Public Health, regarding the association between anti-impotence drug Viagra and the risk of HIV and other STD. Petition of Klausner to...
- Adverse Reaction Research. // Reactions Weekly;8/14/2010, Issue 1314, p5
The article discusses research being done on erectile dysfunction (ED) drugs and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), referencing a study by A. B. Jena et al, published in the July 6, 2010 issue of "Annals of Internal Medicine."
- STD director derided on Viagra stance. Bajko, Matthew S. // Bay Area Reporter;8/26/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p1
Reports that physician Jeffrey Klausner, director of sexually transmitted diseases prevention section in San Francisco, California has filed a citizen petition with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration asking the agency to reclassify the erectile dysfunction drug Viagra as a controlled...
- TWO STUDIES SUGGEST SOME LUBES TOXIC. Lewis, Shauna // Xtra West (Vancouver);7/29/2010, Issue 442, p14
The article reports on the effort of the gay health communities in Vancouver, British Columbia, to urge the need for more information regarding the link between the use of personal lubricants for anal sex and rectal sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and toxicity.
- The 'Sextasy' Craze. Breslau, Karen // Bulletin with Newsweek;6/4/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6327, p65
Focuses on the health consequences of the simultaneous intake of Viagra and illegal drugs in the U.S. Prevalence of the use of Viagra by gay men and teenagers; Contribution of viagra use to the increasing rate of HIV and sexually transmitted diseases; Position of Viagra manufacturer Pfizer.
- Sex Q&A. VADNAL, JULIE // Cosmopolitan;Nov2015, Vol. 259 Issue 5, p212
The article presents questions and answers related to sex including having Viagra before sex and problems of taking Viagra, trying different sex position and asking the guy of being tested of sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- Sex 2000 etiquette. Gordon, Maryellen // Glamour;Oct99, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p216
Provides tips on sex etiquette or love-making manners in confronting 19 love-making dilemmas from a panel of sex and relationship experts. How to deal with erectile dysfunction; Proper amount of pillow talk after love-making; What to do if your partner has something that looks like a sexually...