THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FATHERLY AFFIRMATION AND A WOMAN'S SELF- ESTEEM, FEAR OF INTIMACY, COMFORT WITH WOMANHOOD AND COMFORT WITH SEXUALITY
- The interrelationships between sexual self-esteem, sexual assertiveness and sexual satisfaction. Ménard, A. Dana; Offman, Alia // Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality;2009, Vol. 18 Issue 1/2, p35
This study investigated the relationships between sexual self-esteem, sexual assertiveness and sexual satisfaction. It was hypothesized that higher levels of sexual self-esteem would be associated with greater sexual satisfaction and that sexual assertiveness would act as a partial mediator. The...
- THE better sex KIT. Floyd, Lynya // Essence (Time Inc.);Feb2008, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p118
The article offers tips on how women can improve their sexual relationship with their partners. Dana Myers, cofounder of bootyparlour.com, says ones sex life can become a routine because things get monotonous. To build one's sexy self-esteem, she should think of items that suits her personality....
- DR. GWENDOLYN GRANT'S NO-NONSENSE ADVICE FOR LIFE'S CHALLENGES. // Essence (Time Inc.);Apr2004, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p116
Offers advice on challenges related to man-woman relationships. Actions to be taken to recover from an affair with a married man and to re-build self-esteem; Ways to improve the sexual relationship of a couple.
- ASK DR ROSIE. King, Rosie // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);5/16/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 20, p82
Offers relationship advice. Concerns regarding the romantic fantasy of a young married woman; Lack of sex life between a married couple.
- Damaged Sexual Self-Esteem: A Kind of Disability. Mayers, Kathleen S.; Heller, Daniel K.; Heller, Jessica A. // Sexuality & Disability;Winter2003, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p269
Damage to sexual self-esteem can occur readily through interactions with others; name-calling, sexual insults, unsuccessful sexual interactions, sexual victimization, and one's own impulsivity and self-destructiveness in a sexual encounter can affect the individual's sexual self-esteem. In this...
- Secrets of the male psyche: Understanding what he needs. Venus, Brenda // Cosmopolitan;Jun96, Vol. 220 Issue 6, p96
Discusses what a woman can do to enhance a man's self-esteem as a step towards improving their relationship. Man's recognition to feel that he is part of society; Integration of man's recognition, acceptance and self-esteem; Need for a man to be right; Propensity to make false claims; Lack of...
- Agony. KURTZ, IRMA // Cosmopolitan;Feb99, Vol. 226 Issue 2, p62
Addresses several questions concerning self esteem and relationships. Attempts of a boyfriend to fondle one's breasts in public situations; Obsession with another woman at work; Information on the condition called trichotillomania or compulsive hair pulling.
- Economic Empowerment and Reproductive Behaviour of Young Women in Osun State, Nigeria. Odutolu, Oluwole; Adedimeji, Adebola; Odutolu, Omobola; Baruwa, Olatunde; Olatidoye, Funmilayo // African Journal of Reproductive Health;Dec2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p92
Women are increasingly being recognised as equal partners in development. However, there is a growing awareness that negative health, social and economic consequences act as barriers in their efforts to contribute to sustainable development. Consequently, to fully harness the potentials of women...
- â€œI Thought I was Less Worthyâ€: Low Sexual and Body Esteem and Increased Vulnerability to Intimate Partner Abuse in Women with Physical Disabilities. Hassouneh-Phillips, Dena; McNeff, Elizabeth // Sexuality & Disability;Winter2005, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p227
Several studies have documented disproportionately low sexual and body esteem in women with high degrees of physical impairment. Moreover, other studies have begun to examine the problem of intimate partner and other forms of abuse in women with physical disabilities. In this article we examine...