Arkansas Governor Calls Special Session Today on Schools
- Arkansas Governor Reveals New School Funding Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p36
Reports on the proposal of an education finance plan by Governor Mike Huckabee in Arkansas. Amount proposed by Huckabee for public education per year; Disadvantages of the plan; Budget of the state for public education.
- Colorado, Arkansas Governors Push Transportation Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p5
Reports on the state of the state address of Governors Mike Huckabee and Bill Owens requesting for massive debt issuance to fund transportation needs in the U.S. Request of the General Assembly to consider approving revenue bonds issuance for non-Interstate road improvements; Continuation of...
- Special Session Planned. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32338, p35
The article reports on the plan of Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee call a special session to address school finance, smoking in the workplace and requiring sex offenders to wear electronic tracking devices during parole and probation. Arkansas Supreme Court has ruled that the state's funding of...
- Arkansas Approves New Aid for Schools. // Education Week;4/19/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p24
The article reports that Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee has signed into law a bill of $132.5 million to the school districts in Arkansas. School appropriations totaled nearly $200 million, including up to $50 million to repair school buildings and $13 million for declining and isolated school...
- Arkansas Governor Pushes for School Funding Consensus. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32347, p3
The article reports that Governor Mike Huckabee has granted lawmakers to reach a consensus on new laws to finance public education in Arkansas. According to the report, the state has been under order by the state's Supreme Court to provide more money into K-12 public education. The state has...
- CAMPAIGN STOP: ISRAEL. Lederman, Josh // Hill;2/15/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p34
The article presents information on the former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's tour of Israel.
- Legality of Arkansas Governor's Plan To Spend Tobacco Money Questioned. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p31
Focuses on questions raised on the legality of proposal offered by Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee to use the state's share of the national tobacco settlement. Issuance of debt by Arkansas Development Finance Authority; Tobacco bonds issued by the state.
- Consultants: Arkansas Needs $847M More Per Year for Education. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p36
Focuses on expenditure on education by the government of Arkansas. Plans of Mike Huckabee, Governor of the state on improving the funding of public education; Overview of a study by consultants on the additional revenue needed by the state for providing adequate education to all students;...
- Raise Taxes, Cut Benefits Or Do The Right Thing. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);01/18/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on a tax fund created by Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Reason for the creation of the fund; Aim of the funding.