Municipal Volume Swells as Second Quarter Kicks Off
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- April Volume Lags March. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p1
Reports on the decline in the issuance of long-term municipal bond market in the U.S. Anticipation of economic recovery bonds from California; Amount of municipal bonds being issued; Reason for the decline in the market; Rise in the interest rates with the improvement in the economy.
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p33
Presents charts and graphs on the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; New-issue balances; One-year note index; Reoffering yields;...
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Munis Remain Firm as Traders Hold Ground Awaiting New Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p2
Reports on the movement of municipal bonds in the trading market in the U.S. as of July 2004. Concentration of trading activity in the intermediate sector; Percentage of growth in consumer spending; Average prices of general obligation offering.
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...
- Sacramento County, Other Issuers Aim to Gain From Higher Prices. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p6
Reports on municipal bond deals offered in the United States. Sacramento County's issuance of bonds to finance a massive sewer line project; Anchorage, Alaska's sale of general obligations bonds; Insurer of revenue bonds issued by the Chicago Transit Authority.
- Munis Finish Weaker, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32946, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal securities in the U.S. bond market. The market was slightly weaker at two basis points. The Treasury market showed some losses as the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note, which opened at 3.80%, finished at 3.83%. The yield on the...